The Student Room Group

Proving long residency for SFE

I’m 17 (will be 18 when my course starts) staring in 24/25 for an undergraduate course and I’m applying for student finance (both tuition and maintenance loans) under the long residency category. What will I need to prove my residence for half my life. Will school reports, gp records and school letters confirming dates of attendance be enough?
Original post by shush12389
I’m 17 (will be 18 when my course starts) staring in 24/25 for an undergraduate course and I’m applying for student finance (both tuition and maintenance loans) under the long residency category. What will I need to prove my residence for half my life. Will school reports, gp records and school letters confirming dates of attendance be enough?

Hi there,

Yes, those are the kinds of evidence we can accept.

Just to let you know, the 24/25 applications are available now, so we'd recommend applying online as soon as you can: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

That way, we can tell you exactly what evidence we need and the dates it will need to cover.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
Yes, those are the kinds of evidence we can accept.
Just to let you know, the 24/25 applications are available now, so we'd recommend applying online as soon as you can: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
That way, we can tell you exactly what evidence we need and the dates it will need to cover.
Thanks, Graeme

Thanks, I applied a few days ago actually. I’m just arranging getting documents for my proof of identity.
Thanks, I applied a few days ago actually. I’m just arranging getting documents for my proof of identity.

Okay, that's great - just to let you know, we're currently processing evidence in 6 working days, so it won't take long to get a response.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Okay, that's great - just to let you know, we're currently processing evidence in 6 working days, so it won't take long to get a response.
Thanks, Graeme

That’s great. So if I send in my passport, that will be returned to me quickly after the 6 days that it takes to process my evidence?
That’s great. So if I send in my passport, that will be returned to me quickly after the 6 days that it takes to process my evidence?
Hi there,

Yes. Your passport would be processed and returned to you by Special Delivery. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending