The Student Room Group

Previously used 2 years UG funding - what now?

Hello,

I started a degree at age 18 and developed extremely poor mental health at the time and ended up leaving about 1.5 months into second year. I have therefore 'used up' 2 years of SFE UG funding. I am much older now and self-funded the rest of my UG degree to complete it.

- Am I entitled to PG funding?
- Would I be entitled to Graduate Entry Medicine Funding?
- Could I use the 2 years of 'unused' UG funding, towards Standard Entry Medicine?

Thank you.
Hi there. If you have never studied at a postgraduate level before, then you can apply for the postgraduate loan, providing you meet the other eligibility requirement's. Do you have an idea of the course and university you are looking to study at and we can check the course?

Could you also confirm the name and university of the Graduate Entry Medicine course?

You can not use any years of 'unused' funding towards any new course. However, if you can confirm the courses, I can check the funding. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Hi Leah,

You also replied on my other thread re PG funding, but it won't let me reply, can I post the reply here? If so....

(Thread title: what counts as 3 year residency proof? I'm hoping to start in Sept 2025. I've spent a lot of time in my husband's native country, but don't work there nor have anything in my name (no housing, bank accounts, anything), although I have done some volunteering. I return to The UK a lot, still maintain everything in The UK, currently am at uni for my Bachelor's in The UK, and have 2 volunteer roles in The UK. I have only ever had temporary visas for my husband's country).
-----

And for this thread,

For GEM,

A101 Warwick

A101 Nottingham

A101 Newcastle

A101 Swansea

Thank you so much,
A
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Alexabio
Hi Leah,
You also replied on my other thread re PG funding, but it won't let me reply, can I post the reply here? If so....
(Thread title: what counts as 3 year residency proof? I'm hoping to start in Sept 2025. I've spent a lot of time in my husband's native country, but don't work there nor have anything in my name (no housing, bank accounts, anything), although I have done some volunteering. I return to The UK a lot, still maintain everything in The UK, currently am at uni for my Bachelor's in The UK, and have 2 volunteer roles in The UK. I have only ever had temporary visas for my husband's country).
-----
And for this thread,
For GEM,

A101 Warwick

A101 Nottingham

A101 Newcastle

A101 Swansea

Thank you so much,
A
Hi there, you would be eligible for support for a Graduate Entry Medicine course. What country is it your partner lives in? What Nationality are you? Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there, you would be eligible for support for a Graduate Entry Medicine course. What country is it your partner lives in? What Nationality are you? Thanks, Ross
Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it. I'm British and my marital partner is Vietnamese.
Original post by Alexabio
Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it. I'm British and my marital partner is Vietnamese.
Thank you for confirming. You would need to provide evidence to show a temporary break in your residence to be eligible for the full support. This can be stuff like proving you maintained a link to the UK etc. Once you make an application you would be asked to provide evidence of the temporary break. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending