The Student Room Group

law job prospects for an international student after uni

hey there! could anyone give me some insight into what the job prospects look like after completing undergraduate LLB? Additionally, how different would it be after getting an LLM?
(international student specific)
Original post by uhhhhimonhere
hey there! could anyone give me some insight into what the job prospects look like after completing undergraduate LLB? Additionally, how different would it be after getting an LLM?
(international student specific)

I think doing an LLM could be beneficial as this can often includes the solicitor qualifying exams as part of the LLM, which means you will have already passed these unlike a lot of LLB candidates. This will be putting you ahead of other applicants for jobs in time as the law firm will usually have to pay for them to complete the exams, and you’ll be able to show you already have. If you are doing a year in industry as part of your course this could also prove to be incredibly beneficial towards employment as law is very competitive.
Original post by greentiger
I think doing an LLM could be beneficial as this can often includes the solicitor qualifying exams as part of the LLM, which means you will have already passed these unlike a lot of LLB candidates. This will be putting you ahead of other applicants for jobs in time as the law firm will usually have to pay for them to complete the exams, and you’ll be able to show you already have. If you are doing a year in industry as part of your course this could also prove to be incredibly beneficial towards employment as law is very competitive.
ah okay thanks! what about if you want to be a barrister?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending