The Student Room Group

Bad UCAS mock grades...

i'm in yr12 and just got my ucas predicted grades. they are not the best. highest i got was a C. i wanna apply to universities that have requirement grades of AAB to BBB. is there a point of applying for these unis are should I look at other universities that have lower requirements. also does anyone know where i can get work experience for biomes and actuary courses.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ray10.t
i'm in yr12 and just got my ucas predicted grades. they are not the best. highest i got was a C. i wanna apply to universities that have requirement grades of AAB to BBB. is there a point of applying for these unis are should I look at other universities that have lower requirements. also does anyone know where i can get work experience for those courses.

You could always ask your teachers to possibly predict you higher. I didn’t do very well in my yr 12 mocks (circumstances and just never having done exams before just absolutely stuffed them lol) but I managed to get my predicted grades to AAB which is what I needed for my first choice uni which I now have an offer for with my insurance being BBB too haha.
So always worth an ask to see if they could possibly give you slightly higher predicted grades than what you achieved as many people don’t do that great for their yr 12 mocks.
You can try talking to teachers, sure. It might help, depending on the school.
You can also still apply for some of those aspirational places. but I would also start research Unis with lower grade offers or offers that are UCAS tallys rather than grades
Reply 3
Original post by Feeb_05
You could always ask your teachers to possibly predict you higher. I didn’t do very well in my yr 12 mocks (circumstances and just never having done exams before just absolutely stuffed them lol) but I managed to get my predicted grades to AAB which is what I needed for my first choice uni which I now have an offer for with my insurance being BBB too haha.
So always worth an ask to see if they could possibly give you slightly higher predicted grades than what you achieved as many people don’t do that great for their yr 12 mocks.

congratsss, and yeah i'll try talk to my teachers in september thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by totallyfine
You can try talking to teachers, sure. It might help, depending on the school.
You can also still apply for some of those aspirational places. but I would also start research Unis with lower grade offers or offers that are UCAS tallys rather than grades

alright i'll try that thanks !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending