The Student Room Group

my guy friends saying “bye bye” in a cute way…

i’ve been noticing recently that whenever i say “bye bye” to my guy friends in a cute way, they say it back exactly how i sounded. i’m just curious as to y they say it back cutely the same way, which has surprised me a few times bc they usually don’t say bye like that to other ppl and i was not expecting they would say it back.

before i get any hate, just want to put it out there that saying bye in a cute (?), small voice has become kind of a habit? like i usually say this to my girl-friends that im super close with. but then now, ig i just say it to whom i feel comfortable and safe with, including my guy frnds.
Reply 1
Ask them. But it sounds a bit mocking; cute voices are fun in children, but not once you're into your teens.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Surnia
Ask them. But it sounds a bit mocking; cute voices are fun in children, but not once you're into your teens.

i’m quite sure it’s not mocking tho. maybe not “cutely” but def in the same sort of like soft tone
Some people mimic phrases (completely unintentional and not maliciously), almost like a bit of an instinct?
No harm on asking him something like ‘hey have you noticed when I say bye bye you say it in such a similar way back?’

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending