Original post by Labellelora
what can a studend nurse learn on a theatre revovery

Lots.

Management of the patient in the immediate post op period
Management of the unconscious patient
Airway management
A-E assessment
Assessing and managing pain
Communication (both with the patient and interprofessionaly)

I was a scrub and recovery nurse before I went into critical care (many years ago now 😂) and it gave me a solid foundation to build on as an intensive care nurse.
Reply 2
Original post by moonkatt
Lots.
Management of the patient in the immediate post op period
Management of the unconscious patient
Airway management
A-E assessment
Assessing and managing pain
Communication (both with the patient and interprofessionaly)
I was a scrub and recovery nurse before I went into critical care (many years ago now 😂) and it gave me a solid foundation to build on as an intensive care nurse.

thank you
Reply 3
Hi everyone here!
I am a third-year student nurse, currently in my second placement. I am applying for a community nurse job but I'm struggling with writing my additional information for the Band 5 job after two people told me to add more stuff or change it completely. Although there are many examples of P.S. online, I have not seen a single one for newly qualified students in adult community nursing. Can anyone help, please?
Original post by Labellelora
Hi everyone here!
I am a third-year student nurse, currently in my second placement. I am applying for a community nurse job but I'm struggling with writing my additional information for the Band 5 job after two people told me to add more stuff or change it completely. Although there are many examples of P.S. online, I have not seen a single one for newly qualified students in adult community nursing. Can anyone help, please?

I usually put a bit of an introduction about why I am applying for the post and why I’m interested. Then I work through the criteria in the person spec and link to previous experiences I’ve had which can evidence these. For example, PS says you need to be an RN write something like “I have been a registered nurse since” or “I am due to join the register this September”
Reply 5
Original post by moonkatt
I usually put a bit of an introduction about why I am applying for the post and why I’m interested. Then I work through the criteria in the person spec and link to previous experiences I’ve had which can evidence these. For example, PS says you need to be an RN write something like “I have been a registered nurse since” or “I am due to join the register this September”

This is helpful. thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending