The Student Room Group

ODP course - questions

Hi,

I am thinking of doing ODP next year at Teesside university as a mature student ( I will be 31 when it starts) and had a couple of question if anyone could help please?

What is the work/home life balance like during the course and even after you have graduated and in full time employment?

Did anyone regret doing ODP and wish they just did nursing?

Are placements as bad as they sound? , like I see a lot of people talking about bulling, lack of support and not be treat fairly. This is the main thing that is worrying me.

Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Jmmf
Hi,

I am thinking of doing ODP next year at Teesside university as a mature student ( I will be 31 when it starts) and had a couple of question if anyone could help please?

What is the work/home life balance like during the course and even after you have graduated and in full time employment?

Did anyone regret doing ODP and wish they just did nursing?

Are placements as bad as they sound? , like I see a lot of people talking about bulling, lack of support and not be treat fairly. This is the main thing that is worrying me.

Thanks

The work-life balance during and after the course will be similar, just a standard 37.5hr work week will some nights and the occasional long day, if your sure you like theatres then ODP is the way to go, if you want more options go for nursing. Placements are as good as the staff, so the 'bullying and lack of support' just depends on the hospital, I've been a student in 3 hospitals and never experienced anything bad, just be proactive and friendly with the staff.

Btw most of your class are likely top be mature students
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ODPSCP
The work-life balance during and after the course will be similar, just a standard 37.5hr work week will some nights and the occasional long day, if your sure you like theatres then ODP is the way to go, if you want more options go for nursing. Placements are as good as the staff, so the 'bullying and lack of support' just depends on the hospital, I've been a student in 3 hospitals and never experienced anything bad, just be proactive and friendly with the staff.

Btw most of your class are likely top be mature students

Hi there, what sort of ratio of mature to new students would you say? Do you reckon it varies for each uni? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending