The Student Room Group

Anyone wanna chat (mainly Muslims but open to all)

Any Muslims wanna talk? Maybe about deen or life in general?
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Salaam I’ve made my intentions clear to marry a girl who I’ve known for 2 years and have waited patiently. My parents are aware of my desire to marry her I’ve told my mother, my father aware of this and they’ve given their blessings of approval. The girl side especially her mother since she’s the only person the girl spoke to on 3 separate occasions has been reluctant on listening snickers and bickers on the subject of marriage and sarcastically plays it off. I’ve waited 2 years as I’ve said at the time when I first initially spoke to the girl she said it would take 2-3 years before marriage potentially do you think I have been fair in giving her plenty of time, what do you advise I do next? I gave her the timescale of wanting answers by the winter so I have realistic ideas of potential engagement, and a wedding date she says she tried everything but there’s no movement on her end whatsoever.

Waalaikum salaam. That’s a tough one bro. Make lots of dua and especially during Ramadhan pray tahajjud and make dua to Allah. If it’s meant to be it will be inshaaAllah. I get u might be frustrated bc you’ve waited but do u rlly like this girl? If she’s worth waiting al little longer that’s fair. If not then yh maybe look at meeting new woman in the correct setting (i.e. for marriage). Make dua that Allah softens her mother’s heart. I have first hand experience. A girl ghosted me bc she maybe thought her dad wouldn’t approve of me and we had been speaking for 2.5 years at that point
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Any Muslims wanna talk? Maybe about deen or life in general?

Sure. How's Ramadan going?
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Waalaikum salaam. That’s a tough one bro. Make lots of dua and especially during Ramadhan pray tahajjud and make dua to Allah. If it’s meant to be it will be inshaaAllah. I get u might be frustrated bc you’ve waited but do u rlly like this girl? If she’s worth waiting al little longer that’s fair. If not then yh maybe look at meeting new woman in the correct setting (i.e. for marriage). Make dua that Allah softens her mother’s heart. I have first hand experience. A girl ghosted me bc she maybe thought her dad wouldn’t approve of me and we had been speaking for 2.5 years at that point

Yeah I like this girl. Although I do believe I have waited a considerable amount of time and long enough too, just a bit sad and upsetting but patience is the acceptance.
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Yeah I like this girl. Although I do believe I have waited a considerable amount of time and long enough too, just a bit sad and upsetting but patience is the acceptance.

Yh dua bro. If it’s meant to be then it will be. Trust in Allah. Maybe it’s acc supposed to work out as u marry some1 10x better so yh have patience (ik that’s hard to hear)
Original post by Johnjones34

Yh good alhamdulilaah. How’s ur life going ? Everything good? Anything on ur mind?
Original post by Johnjones34

And thanks for asking

Quick Reply

Latest