The Student Room Group

Birmingham/Bath/Durham what’s your choice

I got offers from the above three choices.Baths seems to be at a higher subject ranking in the three.However,the facilities in Birmingham seems to be attractive as well as the location.Lastly Durham seems to have the best school life with the college system and the best overall ranking.
I need some ideas before making my decision.Thanksss!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Jhjhhhhh
I got offers from the above three choices.Baths seems to be at a higher subject ranking in the three.However,the facilities in Birmingham seems to be attractive as well as the location.Lastly Durham seems to have the best school life with the college system and the best overall ranking.
I need some ideas before making my decision.Thanksss!

Why is the ranking important? You do know employers are interested in what you can do and what you know rather than which university you went to? Also, employers generally don't know what the university rankings are and even if they did, know they count for pretty much nothing.

The rankings are only of interest to universities who sell themselves to you (undergraduates) on the premise that it somehow counts for something (it doesn't). It is a bit like the myth of the Russel Group, formed when a group of chancellors happened to meet up one day in a bar in Russel Square. Other than that fact, there is nothing significant about Russel Group universities other than their marketing brand.

In theory, a Range Rover is better than a Fiesta even though they both get you from A and B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending