The Student Room Group

I failed my GCSEs.

im not the most academic person, but i tried on my GCSEs. i studied hard, made sure to answer every question, this was supposed to be the turning point of my school life, the part where i turn everything around to make up for my dumb decisions previously.

well it turns out i only passed English Language, Business and Engineering Design (all 6s). i failed English Language and History, which i kinda knew i would probably fail those as im not the best at them. what really sucks is i also failed maths (3) and media (3), im adamant that my media grade was misgraded but they wont let me apply for a recount, but my math.. i was 7 marks off of a pass, 7 marks- if it was the previous years grading boundaries i wouldve passed maths and media just barely, but i failed them.

i know i have nobody to blame but myself but its such a bummer, i now have to retake Yr11, putting myself a year behind all of my friends who are all attending sixth form all over 7 marks and the grade boundaries being changed. im going to be in classes with none of my friends, none of my friends failed like i did. i feel worthless man, like i cant do anything right.

what if i fail these too? idk what im gonna do, i guess this is the idea of university basically thrown out of the window.
Reply 1
Hey! don't beat yourself up- if you know you tried hard that you should be proud - however if you think that the marking is unfair - u could always get it remarked! For maths - theres always going to be marks in working out and the markers for ur exam might've missed a few marks - so it is always impoortant to remark. But you did well! though we are strangers just know i am proud of you and make sure you have a great life
Reply 2
i also failed my GCSES man i tried so hard as well but failed all... All my friends are going sixthform and i feel worthless im going to try pass these resits in november with top grades. Anything is possible bro
Reply 3
Original post by Typist133
i also failed my GCSES man i tried so hard as well but failed all... All my friends are going sixthform and i feel worthless im going to try pass these resits in november with top grades. Anything is possible bro

If you need any help with maths or chemistry I’d be happy to offer it, and failing GCSEs doesn’t make you worthless, you tried and that’s all that matters- I wish you the best of luck in your resits, I’m sure you’ll do great.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4

You can only resit Maths and English in November.
Reply 5
YES please for maths
Reply 6
YES please for maths

Any in particular topics you struggle with?
Reply 7
The whole content in 2 months because resits are in November
Reply 8
The whole content in 2 months because resits are in November

I did a lot of practice papers for maths to help get me familiar with the exam style and how the questions were asked, if it was one topic I struggled with I’d use physics and maths tutor for questions just on that one topic. The GCSE maths tutor has videos of topics on YouTube and you can also watch past paper walkthroughs on there as they’ll explain the questions as they go through them. Make sure you’ve memorised basic formulas that won’t be on the sheet you get in the exam like area of a triangle ect. And ask for help if you’re stuck. For practice papers make sure to do it in timed exam conditions.

Maths genie is also a good website to use as well as corbert maths.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest