The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Firmed university of York!! What happens next?

Heyy, I've just firmed the University of York for Law and Criminology. What happens now, do I just wait till results day, idk if I can wait that long!!
Original post by rrryub
Heyy, I've just firmed the University of York for Law and Criminology. What happens now, do I just wait till results day, idk if I can wait that long!!

i also firmed york! for maths :smile:. have u chosen your accommodation yet? cus if you haven't id probably do that next lol
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by ReeceV123
i also firmed york! for maths :smile:. have u chosen your accommodation yet? cus if you haven't id probably do that next lol

i’m living at home since i’m from york so no hassle finding accommodation lol
Original post by rrryub
i’m living at home since i’m from york so no hassle finding accommodation lol

oh fair lol
Focus on your education, doing well at whats in front of you first. You’ll need good self discipline regarding academic studies to do well at university so id start by identifying your best methods of learning & planning. And doing your best so you have the strongest CV, and maximise your chances youll meet your offer.

You can worry about what next regarding uni, after your last exam.
Original post by rrryub

Hi,

That's exciting, congrats! The main thing to do now is apply for accommodation. You have until 31 July to make your choices! Then on results day, if you meet the conditions of your offer, we will confirm your place and send further instructions on what you need to do.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6

Hey i'll be doing acturial science which is business and mathsy. What grades do you need for your course ( this is for me to show off my contextual)
Original post by Aww,
Hey i'll be doing acturial science which is business and mathsy. What grades do you need for your course ( this is for me to show off my contextual)

The standard offer is AAA but after my interview i was given AAB :smile:) wbu lol
Reply 8
The standard offer is AAA but after my interview i was given AAB :smile:) wbu lol

Ooo thats nice, and thanks sm for asking. Standard offer was also AAA bit i need to get ABB. Isn't it just so beautiful. So satisfying. But I need an A in maths which is crazy. Also have you picked your accom then
Original post by Aww,
Ooo thats nice, and thanks sm for asking. Standard offer was also AAA bit i need to get ABB. Isn't it just so beautiful. So satisfying. But I need an A in maths which is crazy. Also have you picked your accom then

yep i picked my accom the day applications opened lmfao. my top choices are anne lister and david kato :biggrin:. wbu have u picked yet?
Reply 10
yep i picked my accom the day applications opened lmfao. my top choices are anne lister and david kato :biggrin:. wbu have u picked yet?

Woww that's so mad bc same. I put some other colleges down but I forgot what they're called but Kato is my first choice because its new, cheap and has an ensuite. God knows I don't want to share a bathroom. Also I was literally on the website booking it at 10am when it opened FOR NO REASON ( I didn't know it was decided on results day).
Original post by Aww,
Woww that's so mad bc same. I put some other colleges down but I forgot what they're called but Kato is my first choice because its new, cheap and has an ensuite. God knows I don't want to share a bathroom. Also I was literally on the website booking it at 10am when it opened FOR NO REASON ( I didn't know it was decided on results day).

yeah lol fr. for my others i went with langwith and Constantine, they seem quite nice. icl the only thing im not looking forward to is having to get up earlier to go to west campus for lectures xd
Reply 12
yeah lol fr. for my others i went with langwith and Constantine, they seem quite nice. icl the only thing im not looking forward to is having to get up earlier to go to west campus for lectures xd

Dreading that bus if I’m at east man. Isn’t Constantine rich kids central, you might as well get your butler to drop you off
Original post by Aww,
Dreading that bus if I’m at east man. Isn’t Constantine rich kids central, you might as well get your butler to drop you off

lmaooo. I've heard that's the stereotype there. dunno why tho but i guess it is xd
Original post by rrryub

Hi!

Congrats! Hope you're looking forward to joining us soon! We have this handy web page with all the info offer holders need including what to do next! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending