The Student Room Group

Pre-registration Postgraduate Funding

Hi I'm sure this will have been asked hundreds of times but here goes. I have applied and been accepted onto a Postgraduate (masters) course on a pre-registration paramedic course. Looking at the gov website it seems I am eligible to apply got funding for my masters degree, however there is a small sentence towards the bottom of the page that states anyone applying for a pre-registration masters course in an allied health profession is not eligible after 2018. I have been told by SfE that I am eligible but have been told this previously when applying for a BSc in Paramedicine before being turned down due to it being a second degree. So my question really is would I be eligible for the funding, or has anyone got any experience of being rejected for the funding for an MSc pre reg course before? Thanks
Original post by PaulC88
Hi I'm sure this will have been asked hundreds of times but here goes. I have applied and been accepted onto a Postgraduate (masters) course on a pre-registration paramedic course. Looking at the gov website it seems I am eligible to apply got funding for my masters degree, however there is a small sentence towards the bottom of the page that states anyone applying for a pre-registration masters course in an allied health profession is not eligible after 2018. I have been told by SfE that I am eligible but have been told this previously when applying for a BSc in Paramedicine before being turned down due to it being a second degree. So my question really is would I be eligible for the funding, or has anyone got any experience of being rejected for the funding for an MSc pre reg course before? Thanks

Hi Paul,

Can you please tell us the full name of this course and the university?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Paul,
Can you please tell us the full name of this course and the university?
Thanks, Graeme

MSc Paramedic Science (Pre-registration) at York St John University
Original post by PaulC88
MSc Paramedic Science (Pre-registration) at York St John University

Hi Paul,

When does your course start and how long is the course? Is the course full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Paul,
When does your course start and how long is the course? Is the course full time or part time?
Thanks,
Claire

September start, full time, 2 years
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by PaulC88
September start, full time, 2 years

Thanks. Will you be in receipt of funding from the Ambulance Service Trust? Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. Will you be in receipt of funding from the Ambulance Service Trust? Thanks, Jason

I'm not sure, I believe there's the NHS learning support fund? Unsure on eligibility
Original post by PaulC88
I'm not sure, I believe there's the NHS learning support fund? Unsure on eligibility

Paramedic Science courses are only classed as an exception if the student is entitled to funding from the Ambulance Service Trust. If they are not eligible for support from the Ambulance Service Trust they can apply to us for full support, but this will be subject to ELQ rules.

Checking the course on the system it only shows course for 3 years not 2?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Paramedic Science courses are only classed as an exception if the student is entitled to funding from the Ambulance Service Trust. If they are not eligible for support from the Ambulance Service Trust they can apply to us for full support, but this will be subject to ELQ rules.
Thanks,
Claire

Hi yes that is correct it is a 2 year course
Reply 9
Thanks,
Claire

https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/paramedic-science/paramedic-science-pre-registration-msc/
Thank you Paul. I cannot see this course listed on our system, you would have to speak with the University directly about this. Also, as mentioned above, your eligibility is going to be dependant on if you receive the ambulance service trust fund or not. I would advise raising both of these and letting us know when you have this information. Thanks, David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending