The Student Room Group

Funding for HNC but I already hold a CertHE

I think I know the answer but wanted to check because I am a little confused.

I already studied a CertHE which I didnt complete several years ago. I studied this part time and recieved a tuition fee loan but no maintenence loan.

I would now like to study a full time HNC. Will my previous part time study make me ineligible for any funding from SFE?

TIA.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Dollydrop23
I think I know the answer but wanted to check because I am a little confused.
I already hold a CertHE which I recieved several years ago. I studied this part time and recieved a tuition fee loan but no maintenence loan.
I would now like to study a full time HNC. Will my previous part time study make me ineligible for any funding from SFE?
TIA.

Hi there,

Can you please tell us the full name of this HNC course and the university or college?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Its a HNC in Healthcare Professions Support at Nottingham College.
Its a HNC in Healthcare Professions Support at Nottingham College.

Hi there,

When does your course start? How long will it be?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
It starts in September 2024 and its for 1 year FT.
It starts in September 2024 and its for 1 year FT.

Part time and Full time are separate so based on what you have advised you should be eligible for finance as your studying higher qualification that what you already hold. You would need to apply so we can then confirm for definite. Applications are open now for 24/25 a/y.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Will SFE require proof that I didnt complete my CertHE, as I am unsure how I would provide this.

Thank you for your help.
Hi there,

We would not normally ask for evidence of you not completing a course however if we did you would be able to contact the university you attended and they should be able to provide you something.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending