The Student Room Group

Spanish Speaking with Autism

Hi

I have my Spanish speaking exam in a few weeks and I am terrified. I am trying to learn the questions that may come up but every time I t try I just start to panic. I am aiming for a Grade 9 and know that if I don’t do well I won’t get it.

In the mocks a did the photo card and role play but then couldn’t say a word for the general conversation. I have autism and experience mutism in certain situations (eg: doctors appointments) In these situations I literally cannot say a word no matter how hard I try.

I really want to do well but don’t know how.
Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences of their own?
I did GCSE German and I have autism. My mock speaking exam went really terribly because I just didn't know what to say but my actual speaking went quite well. I would maybe approach the SEND team at your school to see if they can offer you some advice or accomodations that may make it easier for you to complete.
Hi,
I'm also autistic and find situations where I can't speak
Do you have anything written about not being able to speak in certain situations as if you have certain proof then I belive they would have to make adjustments if you don't maybe you could explain it to the SEND that its something that happens and you need some help and maybe try doing it over an email if you are too nervous to do it in person and don't think you would be able to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending