The Student Room Group

Student finance letter on how condition effects me

Hello, so i am currently applying for Disability student allowance. One of the required documents i must send to get the allowance is is " A letter for your autistic spectrum disorder. This has to be completed by your doctor or qualified medical professional and confirm the following information:
- a diagnosis of your conditions
- that your conditions are long term (more than 12 months)
- how your conditions have an adverse effect on your ability to carry out daily activities.
For this I was going to send my EHCP plan but as it turns despite being told it was updated for 2023 the plan is actually still the same as it was from 2021 meaning it contains outdated information about my condition. I do not have a Learning Difficulty Assessments, an Individual Education Plan or a Statement of SEN and Transition Plans.

Additionally if i ask my GP to complete a disability evidence form or write a letter about my condition he will charge me around £200-300. Me and my family cannot afford this.

What should i do here? Should i send the outdated EHCP plan regardless and explain what happened or do something else. I have also sent letters about the diagnosis of my condition as well as the full report of diagnosis.

Thank you in advance
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Notdino
Hello, so i am currently applying for Disability student allowance. One of the required documents i must send to get the allowance is is " A letter for your autistic spectrum disorder. This has to be completed by your doctor or qualified medical professional and confirm the following information:
- a diagnosis of your conditions
- that your conditions are long term (more than 12 months)
- how your conditions have an adverse effect on your ability to carry out daily activities.
For this I was going to send my EHCP plan but as it turns despite being told it was updated for 2023 the plan is actually still the same as it was from 2021 meaning it contains outdated information about my condition. I do not have a Learning Difficulty Assessments, an Individual Education Plan or a Statement of SEN and Transition Plans.
Additionally if i ask my GP to complete a disability evidence form or write a letter about my condition he will charge me around £200-300. Me and my family cannot afford this.
What should i do here? Should i send the outdated EHCP plan regardless and explain what happened or do something else. I have also sent letters about the diagnosis of my condition as well as the full report of diagnosis.
Thank you in advance

Hi there,

Send what you have with a cover letter explaining why you don't have up to date evidence. The team will review this and then let you know if they need anything else.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
Send what you have with a cover letter explaining why you don't have up to date evidence. The team will review this and then let you know if they need anything else.
Thanks,
Claire

Ok thank you
Original post by Notdino
Ok thank you

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending