The Student Room Group

HELPPP! How on earth do I revise for maths

Hi I’m currently in year12 and studying bio chemistry and maths. I’m not quite sure what I want to study maybe chemical engineering but all I know is that I’m aiming for all a*s. I got majority 9s in my gcse and currently working on a* for both bio and chem. I have constantly achieved a* in bio and chem since starting however in maths my grade is constantly fluctuating and I have never achieved even an A. However I study sooooooo much for maths like crazy doing past paper questions doing textbook questions, anything u can think of I’ve most likely done. And yet I’m still getting at most a C. And the thing is I understand concepts and how to work out questions I just do so badly in my exams if j have any advice please comment I would be so grateful
I would honestly try explaining a topic to one of your friends, writing out your thought process for a specific question on a whiteboard and basically "teaching" them how to do it. Then they can give comments as you go, which will allow both of you to better understand a topic.
I also suggest using videos for certain topics, like the ones on save my exams and try different ways of understanding concepts.
Maybe try completing some past paper questions under timed conditions to see if this has an impact. If it does, practice this and get more used to the time pressure and stress of exam conditions.
Reply 2
Original post by jengablocks79
I would honestly try explaining a topic to one of your friends, writing out your thought process for a specific question on a whiteboard and basically "teaching" them how to do it. Then they can give comments as you go, which will allow both of you to better understand a topic.
I also suggest using videos for certain topics, like the ones on save my exams and try different ways of understanding concepts.
Maybe try completing some past paper questions under timed conditions to see if this has an impact. If it does, practice this and get more used to the time pressure and stress of exam conditions.

Thank you so much I really appreciate u for giving up ur time to give me advice I will definitely try those methods and hopefully can improve and I will let u know if I am successful but thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest