The Student Room Group

How do i apply for student finance for a Cert HE?

I've tried asking the university im attending but all enquiry responses are sent to a university hub that i dont have access too until im an offical student which is very annoying.

I'm not sure if it's classed as higher education or further education, I'd assume its higher education but im not 100%. I'm also not sure if its a short course (HESC).
Hi there, what is the name of the course you're looking to study and university? Thanks, Jason
Original post by oceanlov3r
I've tried asking the university im attending but all enquiry responses are sent to a university hub that i dont have access too until im an offical student which is very annoying.

I'm not sure if it's classed as higher education or further education, I'd assume its higher education but im not 100%. I'm also not sure if its a short course (HESC).

It is a higher education qualification if it is a Certificate of Higher Education. Note that you can't normally get a maintenance loan for a part-time CertHE, only tuition fee loan.

edit: corrected the above as it may only apply to part-time courses
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi there, what is the name of the course you're looking to study and university? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason

Its a one year Cert HE in Dental nursing practice at Teeside University in Middlesbrough.
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
It is a higher education qualification if it is a Certificate of Higher Education. Note that you can't normally get a maintenance loan for a CertHE, only tuition fee loan.

but on the student finance website it says if my application is accepted that I'm eligible for 8k in maintenance.
Original post by oceanlov3r
but on the student finance website it says if my application is accepted that I'm eligible for 8k in maintenance.

Ah it may only be for part-time ones you can't get it - as I wasn't able to get a maintenance loan for when I did mine, but was studying part-time.

That said, the student finance website is only a guide and it doesn't account for all situations, so you'll only know for sure once you submit the application and it is assessed.

Hopefully the full time CertHE will attract funding for maintenance loan :smile:
Hi there,

I can see the course you want to do is covered by Student Finance. It is a 1 year full time undergraduate course and it is not classed as a short course.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending