The Student Room Group

Super-Curriculars for STEM (preferably engineering)

I've started to look at different super-curriculars I can do for university. I'm incredibly annoyed I've missed the deadlines for summer schools by 2 weeks (but don't think I would've gotten in anyway as I only met 1 of the additional criteria). Pretty much anything to do with universities is closed. I'm not INCREDIBLY smart, aiming for A*AA and want to go to a top 10 university for engineering, maybe even Imperial depending on my predicted grades, although it is highly unlikely. Is there anything I can do this late in the game? So far my personal statement seems like its going to be extremely dry.
Original post by reported-birch
I've started to look at different super-curriculars I can do for university. I'm incredibly annoyed I've missed the deadlines for summer schools by 2 weeks (but don't think I would've gotten in anyway as I only met 1 of the additional criteria). Pretty much anything to do with universities is closed. I'm not INCREDIBLY smart, aiming for A*AA and want to go to a top 10 university for engineering, maybe even Imperial depending on my predicted grades, although it is highly unlikely. Is there anything I can do this late in the game? So far my personal statement seems like its going to be extremely dry.

Not "incredibly smart" bro ur choice of words are annoying when ur predicted A*AA

:lol:
Original post by reported-birch

also in terms of what you can do, I don't think there is much due to the last minute additions due as it won't reflect on your past experiences. But you can always add stuff to your personal statement as there is no physical way of checking if you have done something or not. If u dm me, I can send you my old Personal statement which i used but not sure how much that would help even though its for chem eng
Original post by TigePlayzYT
Not "incredibly smart" bro ur choice of words are annoying when ur predicted A*AA
:lol:

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging or anything, I hate when people do that too😂. I'm actually predicted ABB which I honestly think would put me in the normal - smart category. A*AA is just my current personal aim which is with a lot of revision and hard work lol. Just that im not insanely smart so people don't recommend me some oxford and cambridge things which are super competitive and have to be insanely smart for.

Quick Reply

Latest