The Student Room Group

Is this STEM Cambridge residential still good to go to if i’ve changed to Humanities?

Ok so i recently got my GCSE results, and changed to Humanities subjects instead of STEM.
before this, i applied for the Enigma Residential at Cambridge University- which i found out yesterday that i got accepted to, after the largest number of applicants this year

My parents are telling me I can’t go, because it’s not longer applicable to me.. but it’s CAMBRIDGE

What do you guys think? I have until Tuesday to confirm my place
It's probably worth considering that if you do go, then someone else, who may actually benefit, doesn't get to
Reply 2
Original post by melancollege
It's probably worth considering that if you do go, then someone else, who may actually benefit, doesn't get to

This
Original post by Readytwostudy
Ok so i recently got my GCSE results, and changed to Humanities subjects instead of STEM.
before this, i applied for the Enigma Residential at Cambridge University- which i found out yesterday that i got accepted to, after the largest number of applicants this year

My parents are telling me I can’t go, because it’s not longer applicable to me.. but it’s CAMBRIDGE

I'm not familiar with that residential, but presumably the purpose is precisely for those pupils who are aiming for STEM-related degrees and would actually benefit from the experience, rather than someone who just randomly thinks "it's Cambridge". I really would drop out if I were you, and focus your efforts on super-curriculars that are Humanities related, if that's where your interests now lie :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)

Anything that stretches your mind is of value. There's no hard STEM/Humanities divide. If you go with an open mind, you will learn and develop, and it matters not one jot where you apply that knowledge in the future. Of course you should take up the opportunity.
Reply 4

I bet the experience would be quite fun, but since you will be applying for humanities for uni it won’t be useful to your application or personal statement, and it could be really useful for someone else’s. Try looking for humanities centred residentials maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending