The Student Room Group

Choosing a degree

I'm having a hard time choosing between a software engineering degree and psychology degree. Which one of these degrees is the hardest to study?
Original post by Vihu
I'm having a hard time choosing between a software engineering degree and psychology degree. Which one of these degrees is the hardest to study?

Hey there @Vihu ,
Determining which degree is "hardest" depends on your individual strengths, interests, and learning styles ( which will also be affected by how the course is taught at the university of your choice). Both software engineering and psychology are rigorous fields of study, but they are difficult in different ways.
How difficult the course is , will depend on your aptitude and interest in the subject matter. Some people may find software engineering more challenging because it has a heavy emphasis on technical skills and mathematics, while others may find psychology more challenging because of its complex theories and the need for understanding human behaviour ( I am one of those people , science and maths makes sense to me but the human behaviour is not my strength ).
I would strongly advise you to have an in-depth look at the content taught in each course and decide if these align with your interest and your abilities but also consider that in both cases you will be taught everything from the ground up ( that is the case at DMU ).
I hope this helps ...
Cece✨
Energy Engineering student
De Montfort University
Reply 2
Thank you fr for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest