The Student Room Group

a level choices

Im in year 11 and soon am choosing my a levels. I want to start out with 4 because I just like too many subjects to choose just 3, I'm struggling to choose 4 alone.

I am thinking of choosing Music (I'm pretty good at it, full marks on everything in GCSE), History, Chemistry and Psychology.

So I have 2 questions:

Will this be too hard? Like, 2 essay subjects + a stem + a creative? I can always drop one but yeah.

And, does it really matter that these dont have any coherence? Like, in applying to university, obviously I don't want to do medicine but in applying for other degrees (idk what yet) would it matter?
Original post by n4dn4d
Im in year 11 and soon am choosing my a levels. I want to start out with 4 because I just like too many subjects to choose just 3, I'm struggling to choose 4 alone.

I am thinking of choosing Music (I'm pretty good at it, full marks on everything in GCSE), History, Chemistry and Psychology.

So I have 2 questions:

Will this be too hard? Like, 2 essay subjects + a stem + a creative? I can always drop one but yeah.

And, does it really matter that these dont have any coherence? Like, in applying to university, obviously I don't want to do medicine but in applying for other degrees (idk what yet) would it matter?

Universities only require you to do 3 A-levels, so it is very hard to say you should do 4 A-levels and then drop one. I would only pick three especially as you don't know what you want to do yet. If you want to apply for 4 then I can't stop you but I wouldn't recommend it.
Reply 2
Just be aware that Chemistry without another traditional science or maths is a bit limiting if you want to any sort of science degree - most of those degree subjects (including Chemistry) will require two sciences/maths.

Quick Reply

Latest