The Student Room Group

student accommodation: can I still reject it after I've been accepted?

I currently have both university and apprenticeship offers, both of which are conditional based on the grades I achieve in my a-levels. I'm going to apply for student accommodation just incase I don't get the grades for my apprenticeship, however, am I still able to cancel my accommodation if I am able to get my grades and decide to do the apprenticeship instead of university?
Original post by breaklog
I currently have both university and apprenticeship offers, both of which are conditional based on the grades I achieve in my a-levels. I'm going to apply for student accommodation just incase I don't get the grades for my apprenticeship, however, am I still able to cancel my accommodation if I am able to get my grades and decide to do the apprenticeship instead of university?

Hi @breaklog

Yes, of course! Many people will be in a similar position as you. It is very common for people to end up going to a different university than planned after the results day. As long as you haven't signed any tenancy contracts yet, which I doubt you will have had to do at this point, you will be fine to withdraw your space at the accommodation.

You can also check this with the accommodation; they will know exactly how it all works.

Good luck!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending