The Student Room Group

Airbus degree apprenticeships 2024

Hi, I am planning to apply to the airbus aeronautical engineering degree apprenticeship at Broughton when applications open in September this year. has anyone applied to degree apprenticeships at airbus previously? What was the application process like, is there any tips and tricks for a successful application.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, My son is thinking of applying too. He is still not entirely decided, if he should try for uni or apprenticeship though. You say 'when the applications open in September'. Have I got it wrong? Looking at their website, it looks like October? We have no idea, what level A levels, they are looking for. Do you? Best of luck with your application!

Original post by abrarchaudhry18
Hi, I am planning to apply to the airbus aeronautical engineering degree apprenticeship at Broughton when applications open in September this year. has anyone applied to degree apprenticeships at airbus previously? What was the application process like, is there any tips and tricks for a successful application.
Reply 2
Original post by trine8
Hi, My son is thinking of applying too. He is still not entirely decided, if he should try for uni or apprenticeship though. You say 'when the applications open in September'. Have I got it wrong? Looking at their website, it looks like October? We have no idea, what level A levels, they are looking for. Do you? Best of luck with your application!

Hi, I have decided not to apply for this apprenticeship. My end goal is to be an airline pilot (I'm currently a private pilot) and I have realised to get a backup degree my best option is just going to university. To answer your question, these are the A-Level requirements below.
Engineering Degree Apprenticeship: 120 UCAS points, A levels BC + Additional A Level/BTEC (this results in BEng Aeronautical and manufacturing engineering)
Electrical/mechanical engineering degree apprenticeship: A Levels CCC must Include Maths and Physics.
Reply 3
Have you applied yet? I've just sent in my application today.
Reply 4
l applied for the airbus aerospace degree apprenticeship at Filton on the 19th of October 2023 now it the 9th of december 2023.and l've been looking on the website for my application status.its been ;under review; for that long lol.Does anyone have an idea how long they take to get back to you! literally can't think straight atm,been checking it everyday lol
Original post by JZ06
l applied for the airbus aerospace degree apprenticeship at Filton on the 19th of October 2023 now it the 9th of december 2023.and l've been looking on the website for my application status.its been ;under review; for that long lol.Does anyone have an idea how long they take to get back to you! literally can't think straight atm,been checking it everyday lol

I applied on the first day it opened, my application has been moved onto the assessment phase- I sent an email to their recruitment email and they replied saying we will hear back in the next month or so.
Good luck with your application!

Is anyone doing the aerospace engineering degree and thinking about accommodation?
Original post by spitfire308
I applied on the first day it opened, my application has been moved onto the assessment phase- I sent an email to their recruitment email and they replied saying we will hear back in the next month or so.

Is anyone doing the aerospace engineering degree and thinking about accommodation?

did they give you any online tests / video interviews or has it just been radio silent?
Original post by JZ06

did they give you any online tests / video interviews or has it just been radio silent?
Reply 8
l mean l got that probably automated

Hello

[start]The holiday season is around the corner. Each year brings new challenges and opportunities and we are particularly looking forward to 2024! [/start]

[start]Airbus wants to take this opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays. We hope that you take this time to enjoy, rest and recharge your batteries. [/start]

[start]Please note that if you are receiving this message you are still in the recruiting process to join us as an apprentice. We know you might be looking forward to having further feedback but don’t worry, it will be coming soon! Within the first couple of months of 2024 you should be hearing from us. Until then, stay safe and enjoy the holiday season. [/start]

[start]We are looking forward to the next steps![/start]

[start]Best Wishes,[/start]
[start]Airbus Family[/start]
They have now released an invitation for an Assessment Centre for successful applicants.
Reply 10
They are probs going to bin my application then...jeez,haven't heard from them since the automated new year email
Reply 11
Original post by JZ06
They are probs going to bin my application then...jeez,haven't heard from them since the automated new year email

I haven’t either but on my application status it says ‘assessment’, which one did you apply for?
Original post by 1878
I haven’t either but on my application status it says ‘assessment’, which one did you apply for?

I haven't had an email for assessments or ACs, and my status says Assessment too. I think just wait for them to reply, as they already said in a different email that I was still being considered and that they would send out more info in 2024.
Reply 13
I applied for Quality Engineering and have an AC on the 19th of Feb
Anyone had any clashes with other apprenticeships. I've got a really difficult decision to make about Airbus and another company as both assessment days are on the same day... I will have to choose between the two before interview.
Anyone whose status is on 'assessment' still waiting to hear back?
Reply 16
Original post by Aliveandkicking
Anyone whose status is on 'assessment' still waiting to hear back?

Me, I applied for a business apprenticeship I wonder if that matters
Reply 17
Original post by spitfire308

Yeah I got the assessment centre for it. For accommodation look at Weston university college as that is where you will study if it’s at Filton. Do student accom for first year make friends and find who’s clean then look at student house to rent with those people.
Reply 18
Original post by Zain2006
Yeah I got the assessment centre for it. For accommodation look at Weston university college as that is where you will study if it’s at Filton. Do student accom for first year make friends and find who’s clean then look at student house to rent with those people.

can you go to student accom as an degree apprentice and do you know if this is for every degree apprenticeship
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 19
Original post by youmama
can you go to student accom as an degree apprentice and do you know if this is for every uni

Well from what I’ve been told when I asked current degree apprentices there you can stay at the student accom. Sorry dont know if its for every uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending