The Student Room Group

Do I actually stand a chance?

Hello,

I applied for SF but due to doing a previous course am only entitled to 2 years of tuition loan. I dropped out of the previous course due to falling pregnant and being unable to keep up with workload so didn't gain any qualification from that course.

I will send in my daughters birth certificate and a letter explaining but will it actually make a difference?. Or shall I get my head around the fact I will be unable to attend university?.

Thank you in advance
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by JessA1988
Hello,
I applied for SF but due to doing a previous course am only entitled to 2 years of tuition loan. I dropped out of the previous course due to falling pregnant and being unable to keep up with workload so didn't gain any qualification from that course.
I will send in my daughters birth certificate and a letter explaining but will it actually make a difference?. Or shall I get my head around the fact I will be unable to attend university?.
Thank you in advance

Hi Jess,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) why you didn't complete the previous course, you can send this in to see if it's possible to get the finance. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending