The Student Room Group

Are my A levels ok to study neuroscience?

I'll be studying marine science, mathematics and physics. The marine science covers some biology and chemistry topics. Would these be okay for me to go on and study neuroscience?
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
I'll be studying marine science, mathematics and physics. The marine science covers some biology and chemistry topics. Would these be okay for me to go on and study neuroscience?

Apparently so https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2023/00617/bsc-neuroscience/entry-requirements/#:~:text=A%2Dlevel,at%20least%20two%20Core%20Sciences.

It would depend on the uni. At Manchester, yes - they require "two of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics". At King's and Edinburgh no - they both require "Biology and Chemistry". (Those were just the top three hits on Google).

Pick a uni. Check their web site. Read what says under "entry requirements" for their Neuroscience course. :smile:
Original post by DataVenia
It would depend on the uni. At Manchester, yes - they require "two of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics". At King's and Edinburgh no - they both require "Biology and Chemistry". (Those were just the top three hits on Google).

Pick a uni. Check their web site. Read what says under "entry requirements" for their Neuroscience course. :smile:

Do you think I'll be seen as a good candidate or would I be just another application that won't go anywhere into neuroscience?
Do you think I'll be seen as a good candidate or would I be just another application that won't go anywhere into neuroscience?

Depends. If you have a good UCAS application and your predicted grades meet or exceed the entry requirements, you absolutely should stand a good chance of getting an offer.

If you apply to unis where you meet the subject requirements, then the factor which will have the most significant impact on whether you are seen as a "good candidate" or not will be your grades (be they predicted or actual).

Quick Reply

Latest