The Student Room Group

Not sure about Msc in Computer science

Hello,
I wanted to ask for advice, I am thinking to do conversion masters in Computer science although I am abit concerned about it. It is only 1 year course and it supposed to be for people with no knowledge about CS. I am worrying that after finishing this course it might be hard to find a job. Does anyone got a job straight after completing msc in computer science? I am thinking as well about apprecentship and if maybe apprecenthip could be better idea than Masters. Any advice will be helpfull.
Original post by username6779482
Hello,
I wanted to ask for advice, I am thinking to do conversion masters in Computer science although I am abit concerned about it. It is only 1 year course and it supposed to be for people with no knowledge about CS. I am worrying that after finishing this course it might be hard to find a job. Does anyone got a job straight after completing msc in computer science? I am thinking as well about apprecentship and if maybe apprecenthip could be better idea than Masters. Any advice will be helpfull.
Hello @username6779482,

Before making a decision on what to study at postgraduate level, it is very important to consider the career path for graduates and the value of a degree in your discipline in the job market.

At LIBF, we have written a student guide which covers topics like career prospects, salary expectations and how to prepare for a degree in computer science. I think you might find it helpful when considering the value of this qualification in the job market - https://bit.ly/3TrrFLd.

I wish you all the best of luck in deciding what to study!

Best,

Sam
Reply 2
Original post by username6779482
Hello,

I think an apprenticeship would be better if you can get it since you get real world experience and you get paid while still getting a good qualification. The impression I'm getting too is that these days it's difficult to break into CS with only a degree, because there's so many graduates, you really need experience to make yourself stand out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending