The Student Room Group

Can i do a foundation year if my a levels are completely different from the course

Should i do a foundation year if the course i want to study in university is completely irrelevant from my a levels. I study double business and IT but i am interested to do engineering in university. Should i do a foundation year in this case or should i just study something related to business or IT (i don’t really find them interesting).
That is precisely the purpose of a foundation year - for people who did other A-level subjects and need to cover the necessary material from the required A-levels they didn't take :smile:
Hi there,

Deciding whether you wish to pursue a foundation year can be a great choice, especially considering that your A-Level subjects don't align with the university course you want to apply for.

A few things you might want to consider include the relevance of the foundation year, your interests and passion, long-term goals and university requirements.

Remember that if engineering is your passion and you're committed to pursuing it, a foundation year could be a worthwhile investment in your education and future career, thus the best option for you. It's also best if you reach out to an academic advisor or the admissions office of the universities you're interested in to make sure you're eligible.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending