The Student Room Group

Can I apply to Pharmacy with a foundation year in Pharmaceutical Science?

Hi, I need to do a foundation year to progress on to a Pharmacy degree, but I got offered to do a foundation year in Pharmaceutical Science instead. Can I still apply to do Pharmacy after doing my foundation year in Pharmaceutical Science?
Reply 1
it depends on the uni if they will let you, i thought i could do this with the offer i received after i got my results but i looked on their website (kingston) and they said they wont allow transfers from different courses that do a foundation unless its mpharm foundation from sept 2023.
Reply 2
Hi, yes it is for Kingston. I'm hoping that i can do the foundation year in pharmaceutical science and then re apply to other unis to get on the MPHARM course.
Reply 3
Original post by ZKH356
Hi, yes it is for Kingston. I'm hoping that i can do the foundation year in pharmaceutical science and then re apply to other unis to get on the MPHARM course.

ohh did you find out from the other unis that they will allow you? did you accept your offer then?
Reply 4
Hi, Did you find out any info?
I am sorry for asking but I got an offer from LJMU for pharmaceutical and cosmetic sciences with foundation year. Is it possible to complete the year and transfer to Manchester for MPharm 2024 entry? Because I don’t have a level 3 qualification.
Thanks
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Um Mishkah
I am sorry for asking but I got an offer from LJMU for pharmaceutical and cosmetic sciences with foundation year. Is it possible to complete the year and transfer to Manchester for MPharm 2024 entry? Because I don’t have a level 3 qualification.
Thanks

you can email Manchesters admissions team and ask them, better to ask the uni directly
Reply 6
Original post by Um Mishkah
Thanks

hi
i am pharmacy student at UoM, i dont think so you can do that but UoM offer foundation year for pharmacy and you can apply for that, but still you need to speak to the admission team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending