The Student Room Group

Relationship issues

So me and my boyfriend have been together for 9 months and it’s being going good obviously we have the arguments every now and then but we both have really busy schedules and find a way to make it work through it and see each other.
We had a discussion last night that was different, I had been struggling with family issues and mental health this week and he was able to come to me due to him being away for work and he said he felt guilty about not able to be there for me as his work load is increasing more. Then he started opening open about the worryingly he’s been having saying that he doesn’t think this is fair on me and he doesn’t me to left alone. I could tell this had been worrying me so I asked if he wanted to be in this relationship still and his answer was yes of course so I said we just have to see and keep communicating with each other. Then he started talking about the future cos I asked what else he has been worrying about and it was about me maybe moving away in the summer for a few months and how he can’t do long distance as he’s done it before and it hurts but that us maybe taking a break for a little bit. We talked it out for ages and everything seems fine now but it’s still weighing on me and I’m worried
Reply 1
Yes of course he wants to be in a relationship, but wants to take a break? He can't do both, so what did you decide between you?

If he can't be there to support you when things are difficult or if you're apart for a while, I'd say it's the former. What was he planning to do in this break, anyway?
Original post by Surnia
Yes of course he wants to be in a relationship, but wants to take a break? He can't do both, so what did you decide between you?
If he can't be there to support you when things are difficult or if you're apart for a while, I'd say it's the former. What was he planning to do in this break, anyway?

This is in the case that I move away for a few months, I said I dont know yet as it’s still uncertain so we will figure it out closer to the time .
Reply 3
Original post by MarleyMartha
This is in the case that I move away for a few months, I said I dont know yet as it’s still uncertain so we will figure it out closer to the time .

No, don't leave a discussion like that until 'closer to the time'; have it now. He either wants a relationship or he doesn't, no "I'll stay with you if you do what I want, not what you want." The fact that he wants options is concerning. So what if LDR didn't work before, you're a different person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending