The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Fashion design

Is it silly to pursue a fashion design degree I was going to study marketing and business/management I've always wanted to be a fashion designer / have my own brand I'm in my 20s , my plan was to pursue a art/fashion conversion/pgd to then study a masters In fashion design.
Have you asked this question on TSR before?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
I don’t think so! I’m going back as a mature student this year to study fashion design having previously trained as an accountant. It’s never too late to follow your dreams.
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t think so! I’m going back as a mature student this year to study fashion design having previously trained as an accountant. It’s never too late to follow your dreams.

If you know you want to work in fashion then a generic marketing/business degree isn't the best option. A fashion branding or fashion marketing degree would be a better option because you're getting all the basics but with the specifics of the fashion industry.

Specifically look for universities that have a presence at graduate fashion week for their fashion comms/marketing/branding courses. They're likely to have opportunities for you to collaborate with fashion design students as well as build your skills and portfolio of design work outside your studies.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Is it silly to pursue a fashion design degree I was going to study marketing and business/management I've always wanted to be a fashion designer / have my own brand I'm in my 20s , my plan was to pursue a art/fashion conversion/pgd to then study a masters In fashion design.

Hello,

Studying Fashion Design is a serious field and a booming economic industry worth billions. There are numerous roles within the fashion industry that you can pursue with a degree in Fashion Design or our course Fashion Media and Marketing. Before choosing a course, it's always advisable to do thorough research on different options and how they can support your career goals. Look for courses that offer work experience or help with creating a business plan. It seems like you already have a strong portfolio to get into fashion school, so consider researching what type of course would best suit your interests. Our Fashion Media and Marketing course has a strong emphasis on business skills and marketing strategies.

I will leave both course details below for you to read further.

https://www.aup.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-fashion-design

https://www.aup.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-fashion-media-marketing

I hope this helps and should you have any further questions, please feel free to get in contact with us.

Kate
Arts University Plymouth Rep
Aup.ac.uk
Talk to our students -
💻 Email us at [email protected]
☎️ Call us on 01752 203402⁠
📱 Whatsapp us at 07722 744184⁠

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending