The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Fashion communication application

I’ve applied to fashion communication: journalism at CSM. I need to write 800 word article on any topic I want related to contemporary fashion! Does this just mean any modern day fashion topic ?
Contemporary is often thought of as the present - as in the trends happening now across all design mediums. However in Fashion it can also mean “accessible” - more “affordable than say luxury brands. So depends on how the question is asked really. Maybe you could consider some of the challenges and solutions contemporary designers are facing - such as environmental and social challenges. The fashion industry needs to transform urgently on this and many contemporary designers are using sustainable sourcing etc as USP’s - this article maybe useful and give you some “contemporary” designers to research further and analyse and discuss. https://d2line.com/thatlook/contemporary-fashion/#:~:text=What%20is%20contemporary%20fashion%3F,focus%20on%20the%20environmental%20factor.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ilovelemons
Contemporary is often thought of as the present - as in the trends happening now across all design mediums. However in Fashion it can also mean “accessible” - more “affordable than say luxury brands. So depends on how the question is asked really. Maybe you could consider some of the challenges and solutions contemporary designers are facing - such as environmental and social challenges. The fashion industry needs to transform urgently on this and many contemporary designers are using sustainable sourcing etc as USP’s - this article maybe useful and give you some “contemporary” designers to research further and analyse and discuss. https://d2line.com/thatlook/contemporary-fashion/#:~:text=What%20is%20contemporary%20fashion%3F,focus%20on%20the%20environmental%20factor.

Thank you so much! I’ve just sent u a Dm if that’s okay x
Reply 3
Original post by ilovelemons

Thank you. I went with the first meaning you mentioned as it says
‘Please submit an 800-word article on a topic of your choice related to contemporary fashion.’
I hope that was the right thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending