The Student Room Group

How to escalate house moving in

Salutations, been messaging a guy on spareroom about a place to stay for masters year. We've exchanged like 10 messages but it seems right up my alley. The other people in the house are doing similar courses to me, are in similar years and I got sent pictures of the room and it looks nice. How do I take this good start and actually escalate it signing the papers and whatnot? I think it's way too forward to go there directly but what's next? Set up a call? discussion about bills? We can't meet in person because I'm on placement rn overseas. Any thoughts appreciated.
TLDR: potential house with a spare room looks good need to know sensible way to move things along
Don't sign onto anything you haven't seen in person...more than likely to just get scammed.
Original post by artful_lounger
Don't sign onto anything you haven't seen in person...more than likely to just get scammed.

Seeing it in person is not an option for me I'm not flying over for that. What about asking for a video? Besides that there surely must be people who don't see the house who make it work
Original post by WakandaForever!
Seeing it in person is not an option for me I'm not flying over for that. What about asking for a video? Besides that there surely must be people who don't see the house who make it work

Anyone can get a video of a house, send you bank details for where to send your money, then disappear with it.

You have to decide whether losing the money is more or less valuable than actually checking the place out yourself (or indeed, not losing the money but finding out that it was a carefully posed craphole that you can't live in and then more indirectly lose money that way...).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending