The Student Room Group

Moving Schools in year 10

I am currently in year 10, I have grown very unhappy at my school and have apparent early signs of depression. at form I sit by myself and do nothing I have lost all my friends. my mum suggested moving forms but I just knew it would make matters bad because of what of what I have seen with previous people. I know people are talking to me behind my back and is having an affect on my as an individual. I know that moving schools will be tough in my GCSE years but I am willing to put in the effort to catch up on a term which I have missed. this school that I want to move to is 30 minuets closer to me which would be good for staying afterschool to catch up. my dad's fully on board with me moving but my mum is still unsure
what do I do?
First of all, I tried to change schools in Year 8 and I had literally told the authorities that I was being bullied and had no friends (It felt like I went to a foregin school since it's 2 miles away from my area!), but they didn't let me. I now have friends to hang out with, and tbh I feel better off than I would have if I had transferred (I'm in Year 11 now). Also, people talking behind your back is a problem? The fact that they do that is enough reason as to why they're not important. My advice would be to join extracurriculars and focus on your GCSEs. You can go to a different sixth form/college in Year 12 anyway, and of course improving your grades and personal statement will only increase your chances of going to wherever you want, i.e the school 30 minutes closer to you. Now, this is from my personal experience, but as for the local secondary schools which people from my primary school went to, well the people there have changed drastically (I managed to speak to them through social media, they seemed rather egoistic) and I had realised that they were not worth it to begin with. Let me mention that in Year 10 I was again, in a very similar position to you. I was in a class where I didn't get along with anyone and really hated everything. What I decided to do was work my way out of that class, and in Year 11 I'm in a different class and it's miles better than the last class.
If it's just your form that you are having problems with, then change it! If you want to make friends, then as I said, go to extracurriculars. If there is a club which you are interested in, join it and you can make new friends. If not, then make a club!
But don't expect to be allowed to change schools. The school you want to go to would most likely be full, and they would simply reject your appeal.
You're in year 11 now (good luck with exams) but I would have said move. If you feel that bad then go for it.
I'm in the same situation but I've only just done half of year 10. I think as I'm in foster care it would be easier for me to transfer but I think if school is going really badly move
I’m in a similar situation the school I’m in is toxic and I really wanna move im slowly becoming unhappy and I told my mum and she doesn’t want to help me this is really upsetting how can I continue like this I’m in year 9 and I really hate my school
definitely go for it
I am in the same situation. I think you should move because if you are unhappy now it will just get worse
Reply 7
I'm in year 11 and want to change schools, I have no friends in the school I am now. My only friends are in the school I want to move to. I have a few things that I am unsure of such as educational problems in the future and I'm not sure if it's smart to change schools only because of friends. Could someone help?
I’m having a very similar problem my mental
Health has gone down the drain as all my friends have teamed up against me and I’m scared to go. Back to school as I have had the same problem before and it made me feel horrible and in this current case it has caused me to do some bad things to try and make myself better I want to move schools but I can’t tell my parents as it broke them before and I don’t want to put them through it again I really want to move but I just finished year 10 and o don’t know what would be best for me at this point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending