The Student Room Group

Moving schools 3 months into year 13

me and my friend moved from a normal secondary school to a grammar school for sixth form last year and we hate it to say the least; the thought of even having to enter a classroom or speak to the people there makes me want to die, and coming here is probably the worst decision i’ve made ever

we both despise it more than anything and want to move back to our old school, we’ve almost finished the curriculum for our subjects and most the exam boards are the same, so we wouldn’t be too behind

is it worth moving back for the sake of our sanity over the next 6 months or should we just leave it. we’ve given in our ucas applications as well so would it have any effects on that

thanks 4 any advice
Original post by frfrl
me and my friend moved from a normal secondary school to a grammar school for sixth form last year and we hate it to say the least; the thought of even having to enter a classroom or speak to the people there makes me want to die, and coming here is probably the worst decision i’ve made ever

we both despise it more than anything and want to move back to our old school, we’ve almost finished the curriculum for our subjects and most the exam boards are the same, so we wouldn’t be too behind

is it worth moving back for the sake of our sanity over the next 6 months or should we just leave it. we’ve given in our ucas applications as well so would it have any effects on that

thanks 4 any advice

Moving as schools now, after having submitted your UCAS form and (potentially) after your current school has already entered you for the various exams with it as the test centre, would be very messy.

Has it really taken you 15 months to realise that you "hate" your current school and "despise it more than anything"? It seems like something you could have established in 3 months. Have things got worse over the last year? Or is the timing of your desire to move really because you've almost got to the end of the syllabus?

It presumably won't be too long before you go on study leave anyway. Do you know when that happens?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Moving as schools now, after having submitted your UCAS form and (potentially) after your current school has already entered you for the various exams with it as the test centre, would be very messy.

Has it really taken you 15 months to realise that you "hate" your current school and "despise it more than anything"? It seems like something you could have established in 3 months. Have things got worse over the last year? Or is the timing of your desire to move really because you've almost got to the end of the syllabus?

It presumably won't be too long before you go on study leave anyway. Do you know when that happens?

no venia, i realised this long ago however i assumed it would get better over time and i just wasn’t handling the change well (along with other factors such as my parents not wanting to lose their flex of their child attending a grammar school) however it did not get better, i also dont see how reaching the end of the syllabus correlates to moving schools

the ucas point is valid tho but yh i just wanted to see other viewpoints on it
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending