The Student Room Group

Exeter or Durham for Psychology?

Hi there, I have received offers a mature student to study a BSc in Psychology this September and was wandering if anyone had any experience with the modules/course content for either University. Exeter its a lot of their optional modules online for the three years while I can't seem to find much about Durham's course content other than the basics needed for it to be a BPS accredited degree. Any comments or considerations on how to decide between the two would be appreciated as they are both what I'm looking for in terms of a smaller City and the campus vs. collegiate approaches don't really bother me. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Hollyhhunt
Hi there, I have received offers a mature student to study a BSc in Psychology this September and was wandering if anyone had any experience with the modules/course content for either University. Exeter its a lot of their optional modules online for the three years while I can't seem to find much about Durham's course content other than the basics needed for it to be a BPS accredited degree. Any comments or considerations on how to decide between the two would be appreciated as they are both what I'm looking for in terms of a smaller City and the campus vs. collegiate approaches don't really bother me. Thanks! :smile:

I would really recommend you go on offer holder days to both universities and ask loads of questions :smile: Also, if you go on the Durham Psychology C800 website and you scroll down to course structure, you can see the modules yourself. But since they're both BPS accredited, the contents will be largely the same, just under a different structure and module names.

If you really like them both and can't decide, then you should go to more general considerations to help you decide. E.g.: how close they are to your family, how much fun stuff is there to do (up to you to define what counts as fun!), student accommodation, prices, etc etc. We have loads of threads about this on the forum :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest