The Student Room Group

Applied Psychology and Economic Behaviour (Bath) VS Behavioural Science (Durham)

Hello everyone,

I have received a conditional offer from Bath for the course "MSc Applied Psychology and Economic Behaviour", and from Durham for the course "MSc Behavioural Science". I am having a hard time choosing between the two.

Both universities have gorgeous campuses and both courses teach a variation of Behavioural Economics. I did a lot of research but I don't yet feel like I have enough information to to make a choice. Therefore, I came here for help!

- Does anyone have any experience with any of the two courses?

- Which one has better career prospects and is more internationally recognised?

- What is the difference between a Behavioural Economics course and a Behavioural Science course?

Please tell me if you have any other information that could be relevant, I would really appreciate.

Thank you.

P.s= If it can be of use, I will have an undergraduate degree in Economics with Studied Abroad from City University and I am predicted a 2:1 as a grade.
Hey - I just received an offer from Bath uni for the same course. Also considering the Warwick course on Behaviour and Economic Science. Which did you choose and did you find any answers to the above questions? FYI, from people I've spoken to who work in the field Behavioural Economics and Behavioural Science tend to be used interchangeably.
Reply 2
I also have an offer from bath for the same course and for Behavioural economics from Nottingham, Essex and Exeter. Can’t make up my mind yet which one to choose. Essex also seems to have a good curriculum. Have any of you found more information?
Reply 3
I also am in a similar boat, I've an offer from Bath, Durham and UCL. I'm mainly torn between UCL and bath, bath seems to be focused most of economics side more than the others (whilst still doing the psych side) so that you get skills in economics modelling at the end. Durham I think is more along the psychology lines. There's a good Vimeo to watch for bath uni - just type in name of course and bath to Google it'll come up. I'm very torn between bath and UCL myself! Mainly ruled out Durham as it's the first year the course is running - which can be good as they put a good amount of focus on it to make sure you get employed - but also can be a risk as no previous graduate connections with employers/potential disorganisation of course content (as they haven't worked out the links yet) that's my main thoughts anyway. But I'm sure all a good options.
Reply 4
Hello Everyone!

I finalised my choice and decided to go to Bath. I had been told that Durham as a university was fantastic but there are "rumours" that it is quite elitist ... which subconsciously made me stray away from it.

I have been confirmed, by a former student of the course, that the course at Bath is more Economics oriented than others. At the same time, it should allow a decent degree of flexibility so that we can shape the overall result to what we would like to get out of it!
Reply 5
Original post by Ra.Abhi96
Hello Everyone!

I finalised my choice and decided to go to Bath. I had been told that Durham as a university was fantastic but there are
Reply 6
Hey! I know this is 4 years later but I've now been accepted to the course! How did you find it? Was it worth it? What were contact hours like? I'm in a full time job so my decision is around whether I go for it or stay employed/ part time. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending