The Student Room Group

Cambridge PBS Applicants 2022

I'm not sure if there's already a thread for this or not but I thought I would make a place for fellow PBS applicants to talk about the process!

To break the ice a bit maybe go into:
The college you've applied to
Your A-levels
Your interests in psychology
Any other unis you've applied to

Hope this is useful! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

To start,
I've applied to Clare College and I take Maths, Music and Psychology A-Level.
I'm really interested in neurodivergence, more specifically Autism and DID.
I've also applied to Bath, Exeter and Kent and I have an offer of ABB from Kent.
I haven't heard about interviews yet so I'm still hoping haha
I've applied to I've applied to Newnham College and I take Biology, English and Polish at Polish Matura.
I'm really interested in Neuroscience, more specifically mental health for eg. bipolar.
I've also applied to Glasgow, Manchester, Edinburhgh and KCL and I have an offer from Glasgow and Manchester.
(edited 2 years ago)
helloooo!!

I've applied to Trinity Hall, I currently study Psychology, Biology and History. My specific interests lie in neuroscience and brain plasticity, as well as applying psychology to currently developing areas of society, such as climate change or sexuality, in order to make the biggest difference.

I've applied to UCL, KCL, Royal Holloway (I have an offer of BBB) and Edinburgh alongside Cambridge!
It's so nice to meet you all :smile:
Hey. Just wondering how many PBS people have gotten interviews yet? The wait is killing me but I'm glad we didn't have to do an entrance exam haha
Reply 5
I've applied to PBS at King's and I haven't yet. Honestly I thought majority of the interviews were being posted next week so I wasn't fussed at all, but seeing others get there's had me checking my emails ALL day.
Original post by Starrism
I've applied to PBS at King's and I haven't yet. Honestly I thought majority of the interviews were being posted next week so I wasn't fussed at all, but seeing others get there's had me checking my emails ALL day.

Hah me too!
Original post by ilest_troptard
Hah me too!

i've still not heard back either! i know pembroke have responded but that's all!
Original post by sophielawrence4
i've still not heard back either! i know pembroke have responded but that's all!

I've hope that it's will be today!
Reply 9
Original post by friendly_cryptid
Hey. Just wondering how many PBS people have gotten interviews yet? The wait is killing me but I'm glad we didn't have to do an entrance exam haha

did we not have to do the TSA (thinking skills assessment)?
Original post by a.sumal
did we not have to do the TSA (thinking skills assessment)?

I don't believe so. At least I haven't done anything yet o.O
hi guys! i heard back this evening, i got an interview :smile:
Ahhh hi friends!
I've applied to St Catherines, my A Levels are Maths, English Lit and Psychology. I like most of Psych tbh but am very interested in early years development, attachment, education etc. I've applied to York, Notts, Leeds and Durham alongside cambridge, and have got offers from the first three (Durham takes their sweet time).
I've also just gotten an interview for the 2nd of Dec! Absolutely terrified!
Reply 13
hey guys!!
i've applied to corpus christi, and my a levels are maths, psychology, geography and biology. im interested in clinical disorders and developmental psychology in specific. I've applied to durham, ucl, kcl, and lse as well!
i haven't heard anything from my college and im feeling reallyyyyy anxious :///
I've hope that it's will be today!

Do you know if they send out interviews during the weekend? I would think not but I'm hoping just a tiny bit
Original post by Starrism
Do you know if they send out interviews during the weekend? I would think not but I'm hoping just a tiny bit

I hope so, because I don't get anything...
I hope so, because I don't get anything...

I think they only send stuff out on business days but I'm not entirely sure. I hope they send them out on weekends too though haha
Original post by friendly_cryptid
I think they only send stuff out on business days but I'm not entirely sure. I hope they send them out on weekends too though haha

Several people have indicated that they got it today, so maybe we will too....
Several people have indicated that they got it today, so maybe we will too....

that would be nice! On the main Cambridge applicants thread it has a spreadsheet of all the people who have offers and there course and college so it might be worth looking there to see if similar people have there's :smile:
Reply 19
did anyone sit the TSA (thinking skills assessment) test for PBS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending