The Student Room Group

Ib Itgs Hl

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've just started. I am just reading articles from BBC click and sorting them out into different areas of impacts. How are you guys revising?
dunno. confused a bit. What should I use for revision material?
eastisred
I am currently preparing for the mocks and my ITGS teacher came up with an idea of revising a brief case study for every topic you find in the syllabus. I think this is actually pretty helpful as you'll at least have some basic understanding of whatever appears in the exam papers

P.S. Maari: Which school do you go to?
Youresocutewhenyouscream: we only have 3 students in my class :P

i go to a small international school called KCCIS, you??

i have 4 students in my ITGS class, all taking HL :biggrin:
Reply 23
[QUOTE='[m a a r i.]']i go to a small international school called KCCIS, you??

i have 4 students in my ITGS class, all taking HL :biggrin:

Sorry, I don't think I've heard of KCCIS :P What's the full name of the School? I go to KGV. 4 students is not so bad considering its a small international school! It really sucks that there are only 3 students in my class especially when they are sick and I am just alone in the classroom working on the portfolio :biggrin:
eastisred
Sorry, I don't think I've heard of KCCIS :P What's the full name of the School? I go to KGV. 4 students is not so bad considering its a small international school! It really sucks that there are only 3 students in my class especially when they are sick and I am just alone in the classroom working on the portfolio :biggrin:

haha, its alright :biggrin:
its called kiangsu chekiang college (international section)
oooo.. KGV. i know friends that go there :biggrin:

how are your teachers teaching ITGS?
by powerpoints?
Reply 25
The teachers don't really have a standard way of teaching. Sometimes, we'll just read IT articles and discuss social/ethical stuff blah blah blah.. or he'll just tell us to research stuff based on the syllabus. I honestly don't know what to revise for ITGS!
Reply 26
hey guys..
am in my second year in IB and my mocks are soon..
my itgs teacher is sooooo bad!!! i hate him coz he hates me for no freakin reason .. i always try hard but he never give me higher than a 4 :_!!!
i really give up itgs even though i feel its kinda easy.. bt the case study is NOT!!!

can anyone tell me a really good way to revise itgs to score higher than a 4!!

thank u :smile:
Reply 27
hmmm.. speaking of Mocks.. mine are soon too (Omaniya, I'm pretty sure you know who I am)
I actually wanna have the 2008 paper 2 because I'm really not satisfied with my revision and I'm pretty sure that paper will surely help!

soo erm...... help?
Reply 28
I've just done my mocks for paper 1 and 3.. I think I just scraped it with all the bsing :biggrin:
hey does anyone know the weighting on the IAs and the exams ?? I'm just finishing off my portfolios etc and if I screw them up then how badly will that affect my final grade? thanks
Reply 30
Weightings as follow for Higher Level

Paper 1 - 20%
Paper 2 - 35%
Paper 3 - 25%

Portfolios - 20%

Last year, the grade percentage for level 5 was 48%, level 6: 58% and level 7: 71% (Might fluctuate by a few percentage). Consider this, if you do extremely well in your portfolios then you are already nearly half way to get at least a 5 in ITGS. I think lots of people screw over in paper 2 (highest weighting) so I would say it has a big influence on your final grade.
Reply 31
hey does any1 have d markscheme to the may 2006 paper 2?? can u plz give it 2 me?? i really need it
cheers
Reply 32
Does anybody have any idea how to research the May 2009 Paper 3 Case study? about the N&Q Investments? Actually, it troubles me most on how I can relate the Case study to real-life situations. Please help.
Reply 33
Hey,
I'm doing ITGS HL in my last year!
here is the 2009 Case study
http://www.wolfert.nl/riss/ip/uploads/downloads/IB%20ICT%20ITGS%20Case%20Study.pdf
here are some notes on it
http://sliberto2.qataracademy.wikispaces.net/Case+Study+2009
and here are some past papers
http://www.ibpapers.info/index.php?dir=%2FITGS

Good Luck!
Reply 34
HOLY CRAP, 12 people?? Well, at the same time, ITGS HL is really hard.

I'm ITGS HL and a senior, having exams in few weeks :biggrin:. I'm not too freaked out, but ... Argh. I was predicted a 5, at 3 points off. I want a 6, really hoping for it.
The case study freaks me out, it's the third paper that I did the worst. My teacher just found the questions online.

Actually, I'm our school's only ITGS student :biggrin:. I'm all alone in class. She's been teaching for three years only and she'll stop the course after I leave 'cause she's not happy with the way IB organizes the course. There's no relevant or straightforward syllabus/guide/book and the questions are either vague, confusing or misleading.
GRR.

Thanks Rozalita for the past papers, those come in handy! I've actually done them all in class during these two years tbh ..

Has anyone found the overall average IB grade of past years? I need a 34 to enter to the uni I want to, but some teachers told me that at my best I'm capable of a 35 or 36. So we'll see. I heard like two year ago the overall average grade was 28 O _ O WTF.

How much do you guys expect of ITGS? How much do you need? Is it achievable?
Reply 35
Amai-nini
HOLY CRAP, 12 people?? Well, at the same time, ITGS HL is really hard.

Has anyone found the overall average IB grade of past years? I need a 34 to enter to the uni I want to, but some teachers told me that at my best I'm capable of a 35 or 36. So we'll see. I heard like two year ago the overall average grade was 28 O _ O WTF.

Oh, never mind, I just found the mean overall score!
Check out the statistics here: http://www.ibo.org/facts/statbulletin/dpstats/documents/May2008StatisticalBulletin.pdf

Overall, the mean score was 29.57 O _____ O!

Wow. I hope I'll do much better.
Reply 36
ITGS is the only subject in which its easy to study but very hard to get 7 points in that.

Any1 havin ITGS Syllabus for May 2009 exam ??
Reply 37
d.v
ITGS is the only subject in which its easy to study but very hard to get 7 points in that.

Which is precisely what makes it difficult :frown:

And for the syllabus, there's no change since the last one For First Examinations 2007. Anyone have possible questions that they could ask for the case study ?
I don't know if this makes sense, but I did my mock exams 2 weeks ago and when I added my results and my internal marks, according to last year's boundaries I'm getting a 7. My teacher marks the papers strictly with the grade boundaries for each question, so her being lenient is not even in question.
My marks were something like..I scored 16% out of 20 in my internals (doing HL)..and my exam marks inclusive of all 3 papers was something above half of the total marks.
Then again I'm not even that confident..I hardly study the Computer Confluence textbook and I've still yet to open my syllabus to see what I have to go through still =/
How are you guys preparing?
Reply 39
Same here! I got around 16% as well but got a 5 in the mocks because I failed paper 2 and 3 miserably haha. Do you guys have your own personal case study for paper 3? My class was suppose to interview a financial manager a few months back but he got fired the day before we were suppose to see him because of the economic crisis -_-.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending