This poll is closed

Tights, no tights?

Tights54%
No tights46%
Total votes: 28
With this dress...
http://www.newlook.co.uk/1487889/148788954/ProductDetails.aspx

And these shoes...
http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Sequin-Platform-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=391293&cid=4172&clr=Silver&sh=0

I'm a size 16/18 but have nice not fat legs so it won't look funky with no tights

Going out on saturday and also to a Christmas party.
Thanks in advance =]

ermmm.. crap, how do I put on pictures?
hope its worked....

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr118/Ruthie_1_2_3/randomneedsorting452.jpg this is a link to no tights, it won't rotate or go smaller, even though according to photobucket it is smaller!! grrrr it look slike a really bad pic coz of it, so take that into account please!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi again,
how are you?

id say tights!
I think if you're a size 16-18 and wearing a short dress you should always wear tights in winter. I think anyone above a twelve should really, unless they have disproportionately slim legs compared to the rest of their body. On anyone who doesn't have really nice, properly slender legs, no tights in winter looks a bit tacky in a short skirt.

(The reverse is true too, if you're skinny but have disproportionately chunky legs, I think tights will always look better).
Reply 3
dream123
hi again,
how are you?

id say tights!

Hey I'm good, been shopping can you tell =p

Joanna May
I think if you're a size 16-18 and wearing a short dress you should always wear tights in winter. I think anyone above a twelve should really, unless they have disproportionately slim legs compared to the rest of their body. On anyone who doesn't have really nice, properly slender legs, no tights in winter looks a bit tacky in a short skirt.

(The reverse is true too, if you're skinny but have disproportionately chunky legs, I think tights will always look better).

Yeah I'm really disproportionate =]
But tights will be warmer anyway =p

But yeah what sort of tights?
Reply 4
I say no tights due to the shoes being peep-toe. If you were going to wear black tights, I'd have black shoes too.
Reply 5
Love that dress! I would say generally in winter tights are more flattering as goosepimples are never a good look! Though as those are peep toe shoes you might be best wearing lacy or fine fishnet tights, definitely not opaques in my opinion.
Reply 6
Ruthie!
Hey I'm good, been shopping can you tell =p
But yeah what sort of tights?

yes, I can :giggle:
I would say the same colour as your dress, but the shiny type.
Otherwise, black.
Id say no tights :smile:
Reply 8
Sheer tights with a loop toe/ peep toe/sheer toe [you will probably have to look online for them]
Ruthie!
Yeah I'm really disproportionate =]
But tights will be warmer anyway =p

I doubt you have size ten legs, to be honest. But whatever, I was just giving my opinion.
But yes, tights are warmer and just generally look classier than bare legs.
Reply 10
Coy Girl
Love that dress! I would say generally in winter tights are more flattering as goosepimples are never a good look! Though as those are peep toe shoes you might be best wearing lacy or fine fishnet tights, definitely not opaques in my opinion.

By lacy do you mean patterned lacy like these?
http://www.newlook.co.uk/1516521/151652101/ProductDetails.aspx
Reply 11
Yes like that! I really like the look of that pair actually! Obviously it's down to personal taste but I think those would look nice.
Reply 12
Meltdown30
I say no tights due to the shoes being peep-toe. If you were going to wear black tights, I'd have black shoes too.

Agreed; peep toes look better without tights.
Reply 13
Coy Girl
Yes like that! I really like the look of that pair actually! Obviously it's down to personal taste but I think those would look nice.

Yeah thats why I picked em, thought they were really nice, some of the other lace ones are really boring.
Could be too much going on though? patterned tights, sequin/pleated dress and silver shoes?
Reply 14
id say tights no matter if you had skinny legs or wider legs.

bare legs, winter, cold, short short short dress = not attractive.
Tights :yep:

I love tights, I'd wear them with that dress even if it wasn't winter lol.
Don't wear tights with peep toes!
Reply 17
Mericity
id say tights no matter if you had skinny legs or wider legs.

bare legs, winter, cold, short short short dress = not attractive.

it looks really short, but on its actually not that bad, I was worried about it looking bad coz its so short, then it wasnt short.
Same with my mates dresses, I was like OMG that is so short, but on it wasnt nearly as bad as I had imagined.

But think I'm gunna get some lace ones, try em an if they look too much coz of what else I'm wearing Ill get some others instead, I like tights so Ill wear em even if not with that dress
Reply 18
Ruthie!
Yeah thats why I picked em, thought they were really nice, some of the other lace ones are really boring.
Could be too much going on though? patterned tights, sequin/pleated dress and silver shoes?

baaah it's christmas! you can't have too much going on :p: i'd go for them.
Reply 19
Pink Sparkles
Don't wear tights with peep toes!

Was thinking that myself but i figured if it looks too bad Ill sort summat out nearer the time coz I won't know what the weather will be like

Latest