The Student Room Group

I need help with my Phimosis

Im 23 and ive had tight foreskin for most of my adult life. Its at a point now where I need to sort it out if i want to have any sort of sex life. Ive been trying to get a GP appointment but there's none for at least 8 weeks. Is there any other way id be able to get steroid creams to try and help. I've tried stretching but its so tight i cant make any progress. Thanks for any help
Reply 1
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your foreskin. It's important to seek medical attention for this issue, and I understand that waiting for an appointment can be frustrating.

In some countries, steroid creams for the treatment of tight foreskin (phimosis) are available over the counter, but in others, a prescription is required. If you have difficulty accessing medical care, you may want to consider speaking with a pharmacist to see if they can recommend any over-the-counter options that may be available to you.

However, I strongly recommend that you see a healthcare professional to properly assess your condition and recommend an appropriate course of treatment. Tight foreskin can be caused by several underlying conditions, and treatment may vary depending on the severity and cause of your phimosis.

In the meantime, you can continue to try stretching exercises, but be gentle and consistent with your efforts. Avoid using force or causing pain, as this can lead to further issues. Good luck, and I hope you are able to find relief soon.
Original post by Anonymous
Im 23 and ive had tight foreskin for most of my adult life. Its at a point now where I need to sort it out if i want to have any sort of sex life. Ive been trying to get a GP appointment but there's none for at least 8 weeks. Is there any other way id be able to get steroid creams to try and help. I've tried stretching but its so tight i cant make any progress. Thanks for any help

No appointments for 8 weeks?
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
No appointments for 8 weeks?

Yea Everytime I ring at 8am. They dont have anything available short term
Reply 4
Original post by Sharkbeast
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your foreskin. It's important to seek medical attention for this issue, and I understand that waiting for an appointment can be frustrating.

In some countries, steroid creams for the treatment of tight foreskin (phimosis) are available over the counter, but in others, a prescription is required. If you have difficulty accessing medical care, you may want to consider speaking with a pharmacist to see if they can recommend any over-the-counter options that may be available to you.

However, I strongly recommend that you see a healthcare professional to properly assess your condition and recommend an appropriate course of treatment. Tight foreskin can be caused by several underlying conditions, and treatment may vary depending on the severity and cause of your phimosis.

In the meantime, you can continue to try stretching exercises, but be gentle and consistent with your efforts. Avoid using force or causing pain, as this can lead to further issues. Good luck, and I hope you are able to find relief soon.

I appreciate the advice, thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Yea Everytime I ring at 8am. They dont have anything available short term

Then take a long term appointment, though I'm stunned that it's 8 weeks. Where in the country is this?
Reply 6
By all means try stretching exercises and creams, but I’m afraid that these take a long time and frequently don’t solve phimosis. The best solution is circumcision. A full tight circumcision will sort out your problem instantly and permanently. There are private circumcisers around who could probably sort you an appointment in a few days, though of course this would cost you money. But you would be healed within a few weeks and have no further problems.
Reply 7
You are 23, you likely started puberty over 10 years ago and have been legally able to have sex for 7 years - why the sudden urgency? I'm not sure 8 weeks for a lifelong problem is in any way unreasonable, unless something has recently changed?

I think you need to try the steroid cream. Some gentle stretching will help - try in a warm bath. Can you retract the foreskin when flaccid?
Reply 8
I’m in a similar position, I have had a tight foreskin for around a year now , went to the docs bowt a year ago and they gave me some dactacort cream which healed the weals where the skin ripped under the pressure of being pulled back. Had an episode of paraphimosis at Christmas where I managed to pull it back and it got stuck then the head started to swell REAL bad and I though it was going to explode with all the pressure was about to call an ambulance but managed to get it back with the assistance of a bag of frozen peas. Have to have a hygienic clean 3-4 times a day with a cotton bud. Peeing is a nightmare have to sit down to pee. Refuse to go back to docs as I know what they’ll say.

Quick Reply

Latest