The Student Room Group

AS politics help?

Hi

I'm retaking unit 4 of Government and politics (edexcel)- Route C politics in the USA.
Last year I was told that relevent up to date examples are needed to get good grades and that the questions would be on things that had been happening recently. E.g. the June exams were during the primaries, so I revised this alot.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the questions may be on in January considering they are just after Obama becomes president and what kind of up to date information would be useful.

Thanks

:smile:
Reply 1
They won't be on the 2008 elections, we've been told. Too soon to assess real trends and so on.
Obviously up to date examples - use mid-term results from 06, 02, 00 and back to 90 if you have to. Presidential elections - well, there have been quite a nice span of them since 1980.
Reply 2
unit 4 in edexcel doesnt include things from outside of the UK generally, unless the paper asks for it explicitly.. ask your teacher?
Reply 3
MichaelG
unit 4 in edexcel doesnt include things from outside of the UK generally, unless the paper asks for it explicitly.. ask your teacher?

Hi thanks, sorry I didn't veryify i'm doing American politics.
Have edited to make clear.

I don't have a teacher, I am retaking as an external candidate.

They won't be on the 2008 elections, we've been told

Not at all, even primaries/pre primaries?
Reply 4
31Jen16
Hi thanks, sorry I didn't veryify i'm doing american politics.
Have edited to make clear.

oh right sorry! in that case i don't know, its still a good idea to ask your teacher to get a rough idea of what you should expect... its unclear whether or not the most very recent examples will be used
Reply 5
31Jen16

Not at all, even primaries/pre primaries?

Oh, primaries yes. Presidential, no.
I'll help if you need it :smile:
Reply 7
I'll help if you need it

Hi

I realise this offer was a while ago but I was wondering if you're still willing to help?
I was just looking for details of whats examples I should/could use in an answer that have happened in the last few months.

Thanks
:-)
31Jen16
Hi

I realise this offer was a while ago but I was wondering if you're still willing to help?
I was just looking for details of whats examples I should/could use in an answer that have happened in the last few months.

Thanks
:-)

If I can help I'll try.
What's the question?
Reply 9
If I can help I'll try.
What's the question?

Thanks.

Do you happen to have any figures for 3rd parties in the 2008 elections- % of vote etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending