The Student Room Group
how early did you send your app to be going to that one? i got a letter this morning from bournemouth saying that they're considering my app and ill hear from them soon if they want me for an activity day. they run right through to feb! from the open days i got the idea that its like a taster lesson and they kind of assess you on how you deal with a classroom situation, the equipment and the other people. but i havent been so i cant really say. good luck anyway.
I'm going tomorrow!:smile: yeah i think its kind of a taster session, but i'm not too sure. i heard from someone who used to work in the department that they will want to see our portfolios (if they have time),,
Reply 3
how did it go for anyone that went to the Activity Day on Wednesday? What did it entail?
It must have gone well, i got a letter the other day with a conditional offer!:biggrin:

We were split up into groups of about 12 (there were three groups)
Then we were given a general talk by some of the lecturers, then we went off in our seperate groups to do an activity in either tv,radio or print. by the end of the three hours everyone had done all the activities. They came round and looked at our portflios during the print activity...dont want to give too much away cos none of us knew what was going to happen and i'm just mean like that!,

good luck!
Reply 5
Cheeky_Cheeks
It must have gone well, i got a letter the other day with a conditional offer!:biggrin:

Then we were given a general talk by some of the lecturers, then we went off in our seperate groups to do an activity in either tv,radio or print. by the end of the three hours everyone had done all the activities. They came round and looked at our portflios during the print activity...dont want to give too much away cos none of us knew what was going to happen and i'm just mean like that!,

good luck!

It's cool yeah thanks anyway. Good luck on the app, lol at me not having any sort of portfolio.
Reply 6
Cheeky_Cheeks

good luck!

That sounds awesome.. and well done! What sort of things did you put in your portfolio? Previous articles that you've written? School work?
Reply 7
Cheeky_Cheeks

Congrats cheeks lol!
lol thanks!

err, i put in some stuff i did for work experience at a local newspaper,, like articles that were printed and a book review, also a magazine i did for school for the english department, articles for 6th form magazine etc. and a bit about work experience shadowing a bbc news reporter. the lecturer didnt spend much time looking at it so its probably best to put the stuff you're most proud of at the start.

oh and they said in the introduction talk that they didnt want school work like essays etc!!!!
I received a letter from Bournemouth about 3 weeks ago saying they would inform about an activity day after considering my application but i havent got one yet.. bit worried!

So far i've had an offer from Solent, but really want Bournemouth! Anyone else?

Latest

Trending

Trending