The Student Room Group
Thrilling. Have a nice life, if you can find time for a life amongst that lot :wink:
Reply 2
SiAnY
Thrilling. Have a nice life, if you can find time for a life amongst that lot :wink:

Well, I'm doing German AS over two years, so it won't be that bad...and anyway, if I enjoy them, time will seem irrelevant
Reply 3
You have made the correct A-level choices for your course in university.
Reply 4
trev
You have made the correct A-level choices for your course in university.

gdgd
Reply 5
jamierwilliams
This is what I've decided to do next year for AS:

Maths
Further Maths
History
Economics
German

I am hoping to study Economics or Law at Uni (preferably Cam if I get in)

If you want to study Economics Further Maths is a very good choice, as universities are usually more "impressed" with students who study it.
Good choice for Economics and as for Law, well they accept anything (appart from General Studies).
Reply 6
I just hope the timetable will allow me to do that comination! If not, I protest...
Reply 7
If that happens, you could do the subject on your own.
Reply 8
trev
If that happens, you could do the subject on your own.

I suppose that would be possible, but since I have to do 4 AS levels anyway, I would not be able to do German, which would be a shame.
Reply 9
jamierwilliams
I just hope the timetable will allow me to do that comination! If not, I protest...

Have you checked with your school/college whether they are able to offer that certain combination. And don't worry about taking 5 a levels. I take 5 and it feels normal.
Reply 10
No what happens I that we hand in our options form with our choices and a reserve subject, and if there is a clash they tell us and sort it out from there
Reply 11
Oh i see. As long as you take maths its ok for Economics, as you don't need to study Eco. at A Level anyway to study the subject.
Reply 12
If you study Economics, it will give you a foundation on what it is about and stuff.
Reply 13
Ye i definitely want to study economics; the economics teachers at my school are so cool
Reply 14
It is true that studying Economics gives foundation knowledge about it. But a survey has been conducted by UCL and it concluded that students who study it as an A level do worse in their first year don't do as well as those who did not.

Latest