Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

looked very good to me on open day
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Yep, it's a very good university. Not that I'm biased or anything...hehe. :smile:
Reply 3
For what subject?
Reply 4
I am in the air about that

The current thought for the day is history and maybe ancient history, but tomorrow could be music! lol
Reply 5
It's a good uni. I know someone there who absolutely loves it
My English teacher went there, and so did a geography teacher from my school. They met at the university and got married and both ended up teaching at my school. They then split up so it was awkward between them and she left and went up to the Lakes to run a pub! They used to be uni drinking champions apparently!

Anyway, you didn't need to know that and I haven't helped you one bit. :biggrin: Apart from to say that nice people come out of there!! Hehehe.
Hi! The History course does look really good there - and if you are thinking in terms of league table position, it is rated excellent for History I believe, and comes 31st in a table of the best universities to go to for History (out of 81). It's also rated highly by the Times overall - see the 2001 rating: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3501-408136,00.html
League tables aside...as for what Lancaster's like as a place to live, I don't know (never visited) but my History teacher always speaks very highly of it.
I've got a friend who's there and she absolutely loves it. I'm going there in October too. The campus is great because you're never more than 5 minutes from any building. This is unlike city based universities which can have buildings sprawled over many different sites. Obviously there are the usual advantages and disadvantages of a campus based uni but my overall impression is good.

Actually going over there in a few weeks for another Open Day :smile:
Reply 9
It's a good university. Depends what you want to study though. The entrance requirements are reasonably achievable.
historyhoney

Is it good?

It depends on where else you have offers from. I have a offer for Economics and Finance (but wont be going) and from what i seem it seems like a nice place and for some subjects the uni is very good. However it seems to have fairly low entry requirements, suggesting it maybe isnt that popular, plus my course was available in clearing last yr, so wont be going.
Reply 11
Its a good university, but if you want the bright lights of the city, avoid Lancaster like a plague. The university is in the middle of know where and the buses are only every 10-15 minutes, so a car will be handy.
Reply 12
Hey,
I'm currently at Lancs now and love it here...I got here through clearing and thought I mite hate it but it was one the luckiest things that happened to me. Also, Lancs is one of the few unis in the country that still have a college system which is great (Lonsdale Rule!) and also, it's a campus uni, so rolling out of bed for 10 to 9 and still not being late, is always a plus.
For subjects, the best here atm are probably the ones in the Management school because it's one of the best in the country. My friend here is doing History and thinks it's great so there you go...Lancs, a great choice.

JoKing.
I'll be studying at the Management school in October. Anyone else off to the Open Day on March 12th?
Reply 14
All being well results wise, I'll be going to Lancaster in October to do Geography. Anyone else?

There seems to be a lot going on there with the recent IT research centre and the environment centre.
I'll be there at the Management school in October as well. Studying Business Studies but hoping to switch to Business Studies (Accounting and Finance) A.S.A.P.

I won't be able to get to the open day. I've already been to the uni 3 or 4 times though so I doubt I'll miss out on much I can't find out when I get there or from mates already there. Or am I being horribly naive about it and potentially missing out on some hugely important information?????

I think I just scared the life out of myself...................
Reply 16
west ham fan
I'll be there at the Management school in October as well. Studying Business Studies but hoping to switch to Business Studies (Accounting and Finance) A.S.A.P.

I won't be able to get to the open day. I've already been to the uni 3 or 4 times though so I doubt I'll miss out on much I can't find out when I get there or from mates already there. Or am I being horribly naive about it and potentially missing out on some hugely important information?????

I think I just scared the life out of myself...................

You'll probably not miss out on much, although at the geography open day a few weeks ago we had cream cakes and biscuits.
I doubt you'll miss out on much but I guess there's always something else to take in. I'm gonna try and go over a few times to stay with mates before I start too. Off to the open day on Sat too - first time i've driven so far on the motorway - eeeek!
Guinea Pig
All being well results wise, I'll be going to Lancaster in October to do Geography. Anyone else?

There seems to be a lot going on there with the recent IT research centre and the environment centre.

An ex-teacher at my school did Geog there, she was great. :biggrin:
Guinea Pig
You'll probably not miss out on much, although at the geography open day a few weeks ago we had cream cakes and biscuits.

Cream Cakes :eek: ? Biscuits :eek: ? I'm gonna have to book the day off of work for that!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks for that though. I was a little bit worried I might miss out on some important info.

Latest

Trending

Trending