The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Go for the one closest to home, that's sure to be an advantage.
Reply 21
Fizzee
Go for the one closest to home, that's sure to be an advantage.

thats another problem for me...they are both the same distance from home :s-smilie:

ahhhhh decisions :frown:
Which course structure stands out to you more? Because tbh I thought Nottinghams course was really good *shame i didnt apply there in the end :frown:* but its up to you. I know Notts give you the opportunity to go to Malaysia for a year to study which sounds awesome :smile:
Reply 23
Lulu*et*Moi
Which course structure stands out to you more? Because tbh I thought Nottinghams course was really good *shame i didnt apply there in the end :frown:* but its up to you. I know Notts give you the opportunity to go to Malaysia for a year to study which sounds awesome :smile:

yeah thats a major reason for me wanting to go there! :biggrin:

but cardiff being cheaper also is another big reason
Reply 24
Also, have you looked at the social aspects of each uni, if you're interested in that at all, e.g. societies, nightlife etc
Reply 25
yeah...problem with notts is that it isn't in the city centre so you have to travel to it
Which city do you prefer? :smile:
Reply 27
both of them...lol :frown:
But Cardiff is like pretty much the best city in the UK!

Seriously though - what about accomodation? Societies? SU? Things to do and see in the cities?
I would personally choose Nottingham - for a few reasons. Don't be put off by people saying you don't get help with finding placements and stuff because that happens with most things most of the time at university. You're an adult now (though i deny this myself quite frequently) and they want you to take control of your learning and what you do outside of the degree.

I know Notts has a very good and active Pharmacy Student Association which organises a range of socials and such like. Also, they have pretty good links with the British Pharmaceutical Students' Association (representative and supporting body for pharmacy students), they organised a coach to take a load of students to the last conference i went to. Their association also has fairly good links with the local pharmacy branch. These branches hold evening events where you get to learn things you won't on the degree, as well as meet loads of qualified pharmacists.

Finally, you get the chance to go to Malasia! zOMG!

But on the other hand Cardiff is a beautiful city and full of welsh people, which is good if you like the accent! hehe.
TigerSwift
I would personally choose Nottingham - for a few reasons. Don't be put off by people saying you don't get help with finding placements and stuff because that happens with most things most of the time at university. You're an adult now (though i deny this myself quite frequently) and they want you to take control of your learning and what you do outside of the degree.

But isn't that the same for any university? They will all point in you the right direction but they're not gonna write your applications for you.

TigerSwift

But on the other hand Cardiff is a beautiful city and full of welsh people, which is good if you like the accent! hehe.

This one always makes me laugh ... like Welsh people are realllllllllllly different to English people ... and student wise there's just as many English - if not more!
-Emmz-
But isn't that the same for any university? They will all point in you the right direction but they're not gonna write your applications for you.

This one always makes me laugh ... like Welsh people are realllllllllllly different to English people ... and student wise there's just as many English - if not more!

Yeah, that was the point i was trying to make - that most unis are the same when it comes to doing things yourself.

I know the welsh people aren't that different. But you can't miss the accent! :tongue:
Lol like you can't miss a brummie one, or a scouse etc ... sowwy just being pedantic! Soft Cardiff accents are lush though ... a lot nicer than Notts one ... in my opinion of course!

Latest

Trending

Trending