The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Only if you're an Organ Scholar.
Reply 2
Why Couldnt I ApplY For Both Physics At Oxford And Cambridge?
Reply 3
BABYGUY

If people could do that, all oxbridge applicants would apply to both. It would make getting in harder + it would make both universities get twice as much applications, causing more trouble and hassle. You would never GO to both, and they have reasonably same standard, so it seems silly to just do that to give yourself a better chance. That only helps you, not the universities in any way.
Reply 4
BABYGUY

You know perfectly well why, because I've told you.
--
For the benefit of others: too many people apply to Oxbridge, and, because of the workload of interviewing candidates, limiting students' choice to one of the two greatly reduces the amount of admissions work.
--
You can also apply to both if you apply to read Education Studies at Homerton College, Cambridge.
Reply 5
Thanks Miss Tek. :wink:
Reply 6
BABYGUY
Thanks Miss Tek. :wink:

Furthermore, it would also be a waste of 2 spaces on your UCAS form. You might as well fill them up with those institutions propping up the League Tables, as they're the only ones likely to accept such an arrogant fool as yourself.
Reply 7
My Grades Are Good Enough To Get Into Oxbridge And My Personlity Matches It. At Least When I Walk Into An Interview Room, They Cant At Least Tell What Sex I Am. I Still Dont Know If You Are Male Or Female, You Seem In Between.
Reply 8
BABYGUY
My Grades Are Good Enough To Get Into Oxbridge And My Personlity Matches It. At Least When I Walk Into An Interview Room, They Cant At Least Tell What Sex I Am. I Still Dont Know If You Are Male Or Female, You Seem In Between.

You haven't even done your AS Levels so how can you possibly claim that you 'have the grades.'
Reply 9
What Were Your Gcse Grades Then Neutral Tek?
Tek
You haven't even done your AS Levels so how can you possibly claim that you 'have the grades.'

Why does everybody rise to the bait? This person obviously feeds off the attention.
Reply 11
BABYGUY

1A rest A* so better than you (if 6A* and 4As is what you really got...but seeing as you thought English Speaking and Listening was a GCSE in its own right, I sincerely doubt it.)
Reply 12
Tek
You can also apply to both if you apply to read Education Studies at Homerton College, Cambridge.

Really? My sister wants to do that there. Does Oxford have a similar course then? Or would she have to apply for a different course at Oxford if she wanted to?
Reply 13
Tek
1A rest A* so better than you (if 6A* and 4As is what you really got...but seeing as you thought English Speaking and Listening was a GCSE in its own right, I sincerely doubt it.)

WELL DONE MATE/MISS.
Reply 14
picju96
Really? My sister wants to do that there. Does Oxford have a similar course then? Or would she have to apply for a different course at Oxford if she wanted to?

No, Oxford doesn't offer it, so she should probably apply to read her 'main subject' (you have to read a 'Main Subject' with Education Studies at Homerton).
Reply 15
Don't dignify his stupid posts with a response tek.
Reply 16
BABYGUY

Have a look at 'its' picture before you go on calling him neutral.
Reply 17
i did, but i cant decide whether tek is a girl or boy, honest........at first i thought it was a masculine type girl, but now i think it might be some sort of girl with a slightly boyish face. although the figure is quite girl like, the face is in between, and the hair cut and clothes are boyish.
Reply 18
Tek
No, Oxford doesn't offer it, so she should probably apply to read her 'main subject' (you have to read a 'Main Subject' with Education Studies at Homerton).

Ah right ok, think her main subject is either psychology or music. She's only just started AS's though, so has a while to go.
Reply 19
picju96
Ah right ok, think her main subject is either psychology or music. She's only just started AS's though, so has a while to go.

You can only combine English, English and Drama, Geography, History, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Music, and Religious and Theological Studies with Education Studies.

Homerton are also accepting 'standard' courses from 2004.

Latest

Trending

Trending