The Student Room Group

Bath Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence

I got into Bath this year and I had a few friends in the Year below me and they were interested at Computer Science @ Bath.

One thing that stood out straight away was that Computer Science and AI course entry requirements have shot up from when I applied. When I applied it was A* AA for CS + AI but now it's A* A* A and I have no idea why this has happened. Like I get that Bath has shot up the rankings lately but I don't think it should have the same entry requirements as Cambridge and Imperial because they are like S-Tier Universities for Computer Science. (Although I've heard some questionable things about Imperial lol).

What's also weird is that Normal CS and CS + Maths at Bath has remained the same at A* AA.

Like I don't know any other course at Bath (STEM Courses) which has A* A* A as their requirements. Does anyone know why CS + AI has a higher entrance requirement than last year and why it is higher than normal CS and CS+ Maths?

P.s I got rejected from Cambridge and Imperial last year. Going to Bath this year :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by HxTrinity
I got into Bath this year and I had a few friends in the Year below me and they were interested at Computer Science @ Bath.

One thing that stood out straight away was that Computer Science and AI course entry requirements have shot up from when I applied. When I applied it was A* AA for CS + AI but now it's A* A* A and I have no idea why this has happened. Like I get that Bath has shot up the rankings lately but I don't think it should have the same entry requirements as Cambridge and Imperial because they are like S-Tier Universities for Computer Science. (Although I've heard some questionable things about Imperial lol).

What's also weird is that Normal CS and CS + Maths at Bath has remained the same at A* AA.

Like I don't know any other course at Bath (STEM Courses) which has A* A* A as their requirements. Does anyone know why CS + AI has a higher entrance requirement than last year and why it is higher than normal CS and CS+ Maths?

P.s I got rejected from Cambridge and Imperial last year. Going to Bath this year :smile:

Lots of positive media attention for Bath this year. Combine that with the recent announcement about record computing applicants and you'll see that Bath is arguably one of the most competitive CS courses to get into now.
Reply 2
Original post by mesub
Lots of positive media attention for Bath this year. Combine that with the recent announcement about record computing applicants and you'll see that Bath is arguably one of the most competitive CS courses to get into now.

Does make sense. But why only CS + AI and not the other CS Courses?
All CS related courses at Bath is A*A*A now I think. You may have been looking at the 2023 prospectus but in 2024 they are 2A* A. Both the higher rankings and popularity is a factor of the increase in entry req.
Reply 4
Original post by Limpwand09
All CS related courses at Bath is A*A*A now I think. You may have been looking at the 2023 prospectus but in 2024 they are 2A* A. Both the higher rankings and popularity is a factor of the increase in entry req.

Yup ur right. Damn, makes me happy that I got into Bath
Reply 5
Yup ur right. Damn, makes me happy that I got into

What were your predicted grades when you applied?
Reply 6

hello im applying to bath right now hoping to get in. if u dont mind telling me what is like studying computer science there is it good. did it meet your expectations. Also do u think it deserves the high ranking it has or is it overrated? Also how is life at bath?.
Reply 7
Original post by Bitnl
What were your predicted grades when you applied?

I had 4x A *s for predicted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending