The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

curryADD
the first one was mildly amusing the second was just_____awful!

whu...?? i dont understa-and *whines* whut r u taalking about?
Reply 41
choco_frog_chic
whu...?? i dont understa-and *whines* whut r u taalking about?

it was awful....what is their to understand?
curryADD
it was awful....what is their to understand?

WHAT was midly amusing, WHAT was just awful?
Reply 43
I like Artemis Fowl too (*fake shock* whoa! what a surprise...and you'd think I was here because...?:rolleyes:)

Ok, I've only read the first book and I know there are 2 other ones, but the library doesn't have it, and I haven't had the chance to get my parents to drive me to the bookstore to buy it. :frown: But my friend is going to let me borrow hers..so I'll have to wait until...

Tom Felton!? As Artemis Fowl!?!?! (I think someone mentioned this in the first page of posts..) That would be awesome!!! (Look at my avatar!) But...unless you haven't heard...do you know how tall he is now? I mean- they're having problems becuase of his growth spirt for the 3rd movie (*giggles*<--:rolleyes:!) But..I think he would look to old for being a ... 12 year old is it? Erm~ya..
Reply 44
no, out of all the suggestions for artemis so far, i don't think any of them are all that great. think of artemis, 12 years old, awfully pale skin -really cool-, blue eyes and dark hair, right? and the actor has to get artemis' cold, unemotional composure down... none of them seem to cut it to me...
Reply 45
lILLI
no, out of all the suggestions for artemis so far, i don't think any of them are all that great. think of artemis, 12 years old, awfully pale skin -really cool-, blue eyes and dark hair, right? and the actor has to get artemis' cold, unemotional composure down... none of them seem to cut it to me...

Yea..if Tom Felton were younger- he could make it. He has natural brown hair--the blond is just for the movies.
Reply 46
Ok I am a huge fan of the book Artmis Fowl but according to the ending of the third book which I wont say...all Im saying wouldnt the fourth book be the same as the first book? And movie of Artmis Fowl.. I love the book but as a movie idk. WIll it be good?
Dracos_Goddess
Yea..if Tom Felton were younger- he could make it. He has natural brown hair--the blond is just for the movies.

I don't know about Tom for Artemis. I think it would bring more needless comparisons & connections between the Harry Potter & Artemis Fowl serieses... (what's the plural of series? Does any1 know???), and there's already too much of that. And also i know of many people who would have trouble getting into the part of Artemis, and they would just think of him as 'Draco Malfoy'. I'm not saying every1 would, but some would. And I agree with |ILLI, all the mentioned actors in connection with the part, I just cant see them getting the cold, cool additude down.
jstringer
at the bottom of each page on each of the books there is a code! had anyone ever bothered to translate it?

I Have. Has anyone posted it up yet? If not...I'll do the honors.

Carry me always carry me well. I am thy teacher of herb and spell.
The prophecies of ohm phlegm pot cleaner to frondelfen king. I am ohm phlegmpot cleaner to the king. But I am much more than that for I see the future written in the phlegm. For centuries we pixies have read the phlegm but I am the best there has ever been. My visions are generally of little importance. I foretell outbreaks of troll pox or gas spasms among elderly dwarfs. But sometimes even a poor pot cleaner can see wondrous things. A vision came to me two moons ago when I was gazing deep into his majestys own phlegm pot. I was heating the pot over a flame when the sign appeared. This vision was more vivid and detailed than any I had previously seed. Because of its importance I decided to write it down for posterity. And so I can say I told you so. I saw an age when the people have been drived underground by the mud men. This is what the phlegm told me. In this time one shall come among us. Fowl by name and foul by nature. A mud man unlike any other. He shall learn our secrets and use them against us. I see him now as plain as day. His face is pale he has dark eyes and raven hair. Yet it must be a mistake for he seems a mere youth. Surely no mud man could outwit the people. But now I see that the boy is not alone. He is aided by a formidable warrior scarred from a thousand battles. This Fowl shall hold the people to ransom for their most precious possession. Gold. And in spite of all our magic there is a chance that he will prevail. For he has discovered how to escape the time field unfortunately how the story ends I cannot say. But there was more to see. There is another story to come someone will bring the people and mud men together. The worst of both races. This fairys goal is to grind all the creatures of the earth beneath his boot. And who is this traitor it is not clear. But he shall start a war unlike anything the people have ever seen. Those who were enemies shall be united against him. And for the first time there will be mud men below ground. I have one clue to his identity a riddle. Goblins shall rise and haven shall fall a villainous elf is behind it all to find the one why so disappoints look ye to where finger points. Instead of one face elf has two. Both speak false and none speak true. While publicly he lends a helping hand his true aim is to seize colland. Know. It’s not very plain is it I don’t understand either. But perhaps in the future all will become clear. Look for a power hungry elf who was a finger pointed at his during our tale. And so this is ohms legacy. A warning that may save the world from total destruction. There’s not much to work with I know. The details are a bit sketchy. My advice to you is to consult the phlegm. It may be that you are sensitive. I have buried this prophecy with it phlegm pot. If you are not fortunate enough to work as a pot cleaner then there is usually a supply of phlegme very time you have a cold. Here endeth the first prophecies of ohm. But because of the importance of my visions I shall repeat the prophecies once more. If you have just begun to understand the text then read on. If you have worked out the entire message then congratulations. Now go and save the world.

Thats only the first book and it just repeats that message a millions times after that.
wow i didn't no they were doing a movie! i hated the ending of the last book, it was so sad, why!!! :mad:
Reply 50
I got one of the books for christmas, was wondering if anyone could list all the books in reading order so I know what to read and when. :biggrin: How did you decode the code at the bottom of the pages! It must take ages!
me!
I got one of the books for christmas, was wondering if anyone could list all the books in reading order so I know what to read and when. :biggrin: How did you decode the code at the bottom of the pages! It must take ages!

Well...it only took me two days because I acctually became fluent in the language! lol But i started it becuase I was really bord and I got the code from a website posted earlyear in the forums.
Oh, and the books go in this order: Artemis Fowl, Artemis Fowl: The Artic Incident, and Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code.
There all great books and I suggest you get ahold of the other two soon!
Reply 52
Hey thanks! Lol fluent in the language hehehe you cloud have fun with that...
Reply 53
*could
Reply 54
Tom Felton as Arty is an old idea, though it would be great! Chances are that Nickolas Hoult from "About a Boy" will play Arty. He was Colfer's choice. I think he's hideous. If your looking for more info on the movie, you can check out http://pub129.ezboard.com/famericanalienmessageboardfrm23.showMessageRange?topicID=114.topic&start=1&stop=20. It's an AF thread that's already up and running. They're always ready for new members, so long as you behave. Ahem... We've already dug up every scrap of info there is. Twenty-Three pages worth!!! He he! Go ahead! check it out. I'll be there!
Reply 55
I have some (not a lot) news on the AF movie. It's supposed to come out summer 2004. But it's January and I haven't seen a cast list or anything yet. Either they're doing a good job of covering it up or the release is just a rumor...
Reply 56
Ruenna: I clicked on your link and noticed that u never posted your second clue. not that it's a big deal, but could u tell me?
Reply 57
OH BROTHER! Ok, I thought I had it all figured out. I thought I knew who it was, but now I'm not so sure. Still possible though! I just found a rumor that happened to be on several sites. I did a little digging here and there, but it's probably not true anymore. Besides, we don't even know if it's coming out? So what I'm basically saying to you is, It doesn't matter any more. But I did find a solid release date! Probably another rumor though. It was posted like...Um....Early last year? Here's the site. http://www.cybling.com/boards/bookmessages/436.html. Well, gotta go. Nice to see another fan who's not always arguing or imposing as people like on the other site. This site is so much less cluttered up! Well, anyways, Bye!!!
Reply 58
Thanks for the message. I really do hope they're still making the movie.
hey, I'm new.....how do you guys imagine Artemis? I was watching ET the other day, and i think the boy (Henry Thomas) looks exactly like I picture Arty....Of course, hes about 30 now...but someone who looks like he used to would be perfect for the role.

What do you guys think?

lil x

Latest