you sit this in Jan?

i thought normally people sit it in June
Eklipz89
you sit this in Jan?

i thought normally people sit it in June

Yes, normally they do. But my teacher is not normal. :shifty:
Reply 3
im sitting this in jan, i dont know why either lol
Man I reaaaaaaly dont like this module. - Okay thats a lie. Just a ecology bit :P any tips?
Reply 5
lol well
talk about stuff in terms of enzymes and ****
i hate this module... especially the synoptic bit of things we havnt covered
nishantkhataniar
Man I reaaaaaaly dont like this module. - Okay thats a lie. Just a ecology bit :P any tips?

The tip is to think carefully when doing the exam. Make sure you are thinking Biology, not general as this is a Biology exam and not a General studies exam. :yep:
Yes, I am joking.
Reply 7
Module 5 is easy I think. The only time it gets tricky is some of the calculations (i'm rubbish at maths) and if they throw in something synoptic that I don't know as well. They seem to just repeat the same stuff all the time but applied to a different graph or set of data.

Should be fine after sitting mod4 and if you have to resit it, you'll only be building on marks

xxx
Reply 8
idesofmarch
Module 5 is easy I think. The only time it gets tricky is some of the calculations (i'm rubbish at maths) and if they throw in something synoptic that I don't know as well. They seem to just repeat the same stuff all the time but applied to a different graph or set of data.

Should be fine after sitting mod4 and if you have to resit it, you'll only be building on marks

xxx

did u do the coursework?
Reply 9
Yep we done it on maggots lol. Have you? xxx
Reply 10
lol maggots?
i did mine on swimming mayfly nymph. how did ur exam go??
meldridge
lol maggots?
i did mine on swimming mayfly nymph. how did ur exam go??

My coursework was on the distribution of pleurococcus... Anyway, I thought the exam went alright. Some questions were a bit odd, but it was pretty expected!
Reply 12
Mathematician!
My coursework was on the distribution of pleurococcus... Anyway, I thought the exam went alright. Some questions were a bit odd, but it was pretty expected!

i thought the exam was ok aswell, although considering the past papers, the first few pages were the hardest and it got easier towards the back becuase those were the bog standard questions. i liked the one about the resistant insects and the saprophytic fungi :biggrin:
Reply 13
what was the asnwer to the excess nitrogen present in urine. Was that t do with the ornithine cycle
meldridge
i thought the exam was ok aswell, although considering the past papers, the first few pages were the hardest and it got easier towards the back becuase those were the bog standard questions. i liked the one about the resistant insects and the saprophytic fungi :biggrin:

Yeah same. Those were good questions. Others were quite tough though. Averaged out as a decent exam, I guess with more easier questions than tough.
mittal1989
what was the asnwer to the excess nitrogen present in urine. Was that t do with the ornithine cycle

Yes, it was the Ornithine Cycle.
Reply 16
grade boundariess. what did people say the type type of variation t me it was discontinuous. Why isit the pests develop resistance. Whats a transect
Reply 17
well we hadnt covered the ornithine cycle :frown: oh well only 3 marks...
Reply 18
mittal1989
grade boundariess. what did people say the type type of variation t me it was discontinuous. Why isit the pests develop resistance. Whats a transect

i put continuous :s
Reply 19
it was continuous, becuase it can vary, it doesnt fall into one extreme or another.
e.g. eye colour is discontinuous.
yeah what is a transect?? i just put apparatus for measuring distribution of one or more species over a given area, i know that a line transect is like a tape measure, but i dont know the definition of transect lol :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending