The Student Room Group

UCAS Transfer Uni to 2 second year

I'm studying information systems with business management at the university of Westminster , i really want to transfer though, hence i applied trough ucas with this choices:

City University: Business Computing Systems
University of Kent: Business Information Technology
King's College London : Computer Science with Management
Queen Mary: Computer Science with Business Management
University College London :Information Management for Business

what do u reckon?..do i have a slight chance to get in one of this uni??:frown: ....i was so dumb...as an Eu student i didn't research that much and i applied at Westminster considering only the good location and facilities.

ps: i was thinking to change one option to a course at Brunel ,i dunno which one to delete though
Reply 1
Uh, ideally you should contact the university by email/phone before you just apply though UCAS?

Although you should have a good chance if your module results for this year so far are good (1.1/2.1) and you met the original requirements of the courses you applied for in A-level/other grades.
Reply 2
Well i contacted all of them many times to be sure..the funny thing is sometimes i found the person who says that they might consider my application and sometimes as soon i say "uni Westminster" they just say "no we don't accept transfers :s-smilie: "
Reply 3
Mrxela
Well i contacted all of them many times to be sure..the funny thing is sometimes i found the person who says that they might consider my application and sometimes as soon i say "uni Westminster" they just say "no we don't accept transfers :s-smilie: "

Your institution you want to transfer from should have no bearing, apart from the course content that is offered (i.e. have you learnt the same things as UCL students in your first year).

If I were you, I'd bypass all the admissions and secretarial personnel, in my experience they know little when it comes down to transfers and email/phone the course leader directly and explain your situation.

If you have the requirements of these Uni's at A-level/IB or w/e to begin the course and you have similar enough modules in your first year, theoretically they should let you join unless they staunchly don't do transfers.
Reply 4
raziell
Your institution you want to transfer from should have no bearing, apart from the course content that is offered (i.e. have you learnt the same things as UCL students in your first year).

If I were you, I'd bypass all the admissions and secretarial personnel, in my experience they know little when it comes down to transfers and email/phone the course leader directly and explain your situation.

If you have the requirements of these Uni's at A-level/IB or w/e to begin the course and you have similar enough modules in your first year, theoretically they should let you join unless they staunchly don't do transfers.

cheers mate!...i think is definitely the better thing to do...
Hi OP,

How easy is it to transfer from wmin to QM business course and after which year? As wmin offeres BA and QM Bsc.

M x
I did this at the end of my first year. You will need to contact the Admissions Tutor at the new university. If possible, get your current supervisor to arrange for you to visit the department. You can then have an informal interview with some of the teaching staff. This will depend whether you meet the entry requirements for the new course and on your results from the first year. You always have the option of re-applying to a new university for entry in the first year, but this would mean that you would effectively lose a year. Once the university has indicated whether they are willing to accept you, you will need to make an entry through UCAS, but this tends to be a formality. The cost for the current academic year is £7.00 to apply to one university.
I should have added that if you want to transfer your first year marks, several members of the new department will need to look at the modules to see whether they match up. I hope this helps. Good luck with your application

Latest

Trending

Trending